Chapter 3: Becoming Queen

I woke up the next morning with a killer headache. I remembered everything that happened last night. I looked over at Taylor and saw her cuddled up with her pillow. I smiled and got out of bed. I saw my suit that I was supposed to wear today. I was wearing black and white, more fancy then I normally wear. I took a shower and got dressed. I did my hair up in spikes. Taylor woke up as I was finishing my hair. Taylor sat up and went to take a shower. After I was finished getting ready, Ally walked in with our breakfast.

"Looks like I don't have to wake you two up," Ally said as Taylor walked out of the bathroom.

"Do you have any painkillers?" Taylor asked me.

"In the top drawer of my nightstand. Grab me two please," I replied.

"Did you guys drink last night?" Ally asked.

"We drank 20 bags of spiked blook each last night," I explained as I sat on our bed.

"Here you go," Taylor said handing me the two painkillers.

"Zoey why would you drink the day before your crowned Queen?" Ally asked.

"We needed a break so we drank the spiked blood I had in my bag," I said as I took the painkillers and started to eat my breakfast.

"Well, both of you need to be ready and in the throne room in an hour," Ally said before walking out.

Taylor ate her breakfast and got ready. I sat on the bed, mentally preparing myself to be Queen. It was something I knew I was going to be since I was a little girl. Anytime I used to think about being Queen, I would get excited. But now I'm nervous, I don't know if I will be what this kingdom needs. I don't know if I can lead them into war. There is something only Ally knows, but I used to have a friend who was a werewolf. Her name was Hayden. We were friends until Ally found out that Hayden was a werewolf. Ally freaked out and threatened to tell my parents about it.

Hayden and I were texting each other for another year after Ally found out. Ally found out that I was still texting Hayden and threatened once again to tell my parents. Hayden didn't want me to get in trouble so she stopped texting me. I haven't seen or heard from her since I was 15.

Taylor sat on my lap, the best she could in her dress. I looked up at her and smiled. Taylor smiled back and we shared a quick kiss. We headed to the door and Taylor pushed me against it, kissing me again. After making out for a couple minutes, Taylor and I made our way to the throne room. We walked into the throne room, hand in hand. Everyone kneeled as we walked up to the front. Taylor and I kneeled in front of my dad.

"Today we are gathered here to crown Princesses Zoey, and Taylor, as the Queens of all vampires. I, King Anderson, now crown Zoey and Taylor the Queens of the vampires," Dad said as he placed the crowns on our heads.

"All hail Queens Zoey and Taylor. You two may stand."

Taylor and I stood up and faced the crowd. Everyone bowed to Taylor and I. I held my head high.

"Vampires, I'm not going to do what is best for me, but what is best for the kingdom. I will do everything in my power to prevent the war with the werewolves. If we go to war with the werewolves, it will start a supernatural war between all supernatural creatures. That is a war we do not need," I said making everyone cheer.

Everyone continued to bow and cheer. After the crowning ceremony, there was a feast to celebrate the transfer of power from my dad to Taylor and me. Everyone gathered together in the dining hall. We feasted for a couple of hours. There were a lot of toasts made in our honor.

As the feast started to calm down, I looked to my family and friends. It may not seem like it but it really didn't matter what you were. Whether you were vampire or human, you were still made to feel welcome at this feast. Normally if a human would be in a room with my people, my people would have a hard time trying not to eat them. but they have learned control since I got back. It made me realize that I was acting as Queen a lot longer than I thought I had been.