Chapter 6- From The Start

"What's with the face?"

Y/n was laying down in her bed, staring at the ceiling of their dorm room. As soon as she heard Lumine's voice talking to her, she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Hm?" She turned to Lumine, who was standing right next to Y/n's bed and looking down at her. Lumine was holding a bag of chips and staring at Y/n.

"I said what's with the face? You look troubled." Lumine said then sat down on the edge of the bed and offered the bag of chips to Y/n, "Want some?"

Y/n smiled and took some from the bag, then sat up properly on the bed to talk to Lumine, "Thanks. And nothing really, just was thinking about some things"

Lumine tilted her head, indicating that she's listening.

"Just me and Xiao's presentation. We're presenting tomorrow, first thing in the morning."

"That sucks, I ain't gonna lie.." Lumine mumbled, sitting down on the edge of Y/n's bed, "Mind showing me what you did?"

Y/n nodded, then grabbed her laptop from off her bedside table and opened up the powerpoint presentation her and Xiao would be presenting next morning.

Lumine took the laptop from Y/n and scanned what the contents of this presentation were.

"So? How is it-"
"GIRL YOU WANT YOUR CLASS TO FAIL??"
"HUH-?!"

"WHAT IS THIS, GIRL?!"

"Lumine, I'm so confused-"

"YOUR CLASS IS GONNA FAIL BECAUSE OF THIS PRESENTATION OF YOURS, GODDAMN!"

"IS THAT A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING-?!"

"MAN, ASK HU TAO AND YANFEI TO GO FIRST-"

"IS IT THAT BAD-?!"

"NUH UH- I MEAN SO THEY DON'T LOSE MARKS AND SHIT"

"PLEASE TALK AS IF YOU'RE SPEAKING TO A TODDLER"

"Hngh... Hmm..."

"Are you good?" Xiao asked, looking over the notes he prepared for the presentation while sitting alongside Y/n on the floor, right outside of the class.

Y/n nodded, "I have a headache."

"Then maybe you should take those earbuds out, no?" He mumbled, not taking his eyes off the papers before checking the time on his wrist watch.

"Nuh uh. TV Girl." 

"CAS are better, in my opinion" 

"Can neither agree nor deny. They make good music, but in terms of who's better, it can be hard to say.."

Xiao asked, turning his head to completely face Y/n, "You like Jazz?" 

"You like Laufey?" Y/n asked, turning to face Xiao as well.

"And if I do?" 

Y/n took an earbud out of the case and handed it over to Xiao, "Here."

Xiao took it and sighed as he put it in, "We have a presentation in a few minutes, you know.."

"He can spare us three minutes, can he not?" Y/n chuckled, as the song was playing in both their ears.

Don't you dare look at me that way...

I don't need reminders of how you don't feel the same..