Chapter 4: Desperate Times....

I gave Joe the machine gun since I didn't use it. He said he had a pistol but I gave it to him anyway. Grabbing some supplies we walked out of the room into the hall. Joe looked down to the side to see the zombie I had killed. "Aw!" He said covering his nose from the smell "I didn't think the bastards smelled this bad." he said.

I laughed a bit and then got serious again "You sure you wanna come with me? If you're seen with me the soldiers will make you a target too." I said. I didn't want to drag him into something that I did, whatever it was.

"Look, I don't know why or care why they're after you, all I want to do is get out of here and survive this. Plus, you don't seem so bad anyway." he said walking down the hall. I grinned and followed him. I hope that I don't get into another hallucination while I'm with him, I might accidentally kill him. I told him to save the machine gun ammo for the soldiers and use the pistol to shoot the zombies in the head. "Alright, if we're gonna get out of here we need to go to the first floor." he said.

"Which floor are we on?" I asked. I didn't even notice that I was on a floor. I guess since I just woke up and didn't bother looking out a window I didn't notice.

Joe thought to himself for a second "There are about ten floors to this building, and I think we're on the fifth. If we can find a working elevator we could get there no problem. But if we can't we'll have to take the stairs." He answered. We walked out a door into another lobby looking area infested with zombies. We were about to continue through when on the opposite side soldiers walked through the doorway. They noticed us and pointed at me, I could faintly hear what they were saying.

"There he is!" one said.

"Wait! Who's that with him?" another said

"It doesn't matter, whoever joins him is the enemy! Kill them!" Another one yelled.

They started shooting there way towards us. I pulled Joe behind some cover and we stayed out of the way of the bullets. "Its time to put that machine gun to good use. Take care of any zombies and the soldiers. And remember to always check behind you for sneak attacks." I ordered. He nodded and he waited for me to give him the go. I took out my knife and held it under-hand. Joe looked at me holding it.

"Wait, your not gonna run at them are you?!" he asked and looked at me like I was crazy. I gave him a grin and tapped his shoulder. He looked over the cover and started shooting down zombies and at the soldiers. For a security officer he seemed like he had some kind of military training. It was my turn. I rolled from the cover into another one, staying there for a second. I then vaulted over that and started sprinting at the soldiers. I ran through the falling bodies of the zombies as Joe shot them out of my way. I guess Joe had to reload since his shooting stopped and there were two zombies in my way.

I didn't stop though, I kept going. The two zombies tried to grab me at the same time but rolled in between them, avoiding getting grabbed. Then the two fell to the floor dead, Joe had reloaded and was firing again. I was close to the soldiers when they noticed me. "Look! There he is! Concentrate fire on Cole!" one yelled. They turned to me and started shooting at me. I rolled to the right towards a wall avoiding the bullets. Standing up but not stopping, I ran across the wall as they shot. The bullets followed me across the wall leaving holes all across it. I jumped off the wall, into the air at a soldier. As I fell I slashed the soldiers throat with my knife.

His blood spewed onto the floor as he fell down. I quickly continued to the next one beside me. I kicked his kne in and broke his leg. As he bent down from the pain I stabbed him through the head and he fell to the ground as his blood spread across the floor. The other one was expecting me so he tried to shoot at me. But I did a back flip, flipping onto my hands and then pushing my self back to my feet. Once I landed the soldier was shot up and his blood splattered everywhere. I looked back to see Joe sprinting at us with his machine gun.

The last soldier tried to get me when I wasn't paying attention with a punch, but I ducked down to dodge it. Raising I tried to slash him with my knife, but it seemed that he had some martial arts training. He grabbed my wrist and twisted it, making me drop my knife. I got out of his grip and kicked at his head. He ducked and tried an uppercut. I flipped backwards again and tried punching at him. I punched him a few times in the face but blocked the rest, he did the same with me. He punched at me again but I spun to the right and pulled out my pistol, placing it against his head.

That attempt failed though, he grabbed my arm and made me drop the gun. I hit him in the face with the back of my head and he pushed me into a wall. He ran up and punched me hard in the gut, making me spit out blood. He then grabbed my throat and was choking me. I gasped for air and tried to pry his hands off. But I was too weak from the punch to my gut. I stared at his face which all of a sudden changed into someone else. The soldier's face changed completely, he had short brown hair, brown eyes, a big brownish red beard, and a scar across his right eye.

He grinned evily at me as his grip got stronger. That appearance looked extremely familiar to me for some reason. But I knew that I was hallucinating again. Just when I was about to pass out and die, Joe came out of no where and smashed the guy's skull in with the machine gun. The machine gun broke from the extremely strong impact as the soldier flew. I fell to the floor on my knees gasping for air and coughing. "You alright?" Joe asked worryingly.

"No worries........I'm fine......" I said slowly.

As he was helping me up we heard the radio that the soldiers were carrying. "Bravo team come in! Bravo team come in! Whats going on out there?!" A mans voice said.

Another's voice was heard "HQ, this is Delta team, Bravo team has been wiped out. Our scout just returned. It was Cole, but he had someone with him. According to our Intel it could be a man by the name of Joe Sanders." he said.

"Joe Sanders? Don't underestimate him, he's dangerous like Cole!" HQ said.

"Sir? Whys that? He's just a security guard." The soldier said.

"Don't think about it, that's classified information." HQ ordered.

"Sir. How should we deal with them? This place is infested with these monsters and they keep killing us off." the man said.

"You have permission to blow the whole place up."HQ replied.

"Understood sir." He said as they turned off their communication.

I looked at Joe "Your really somethin ain't ya." I said.

"We'll talk about that later. But right now we need to get our asses down those stairs or we'll be blown to bits!" He replied. I picked up my pistol and knife and we grabbed supplies from the soldiers. We then started on our way down the stairs as fast as we could.