Chapter 1: Memories Lost

The sky is a beautiful light blue as the clouds slowly fly through it. The scent of flowers could be smelt all around me. The gentle breeze swayed the flowers back in forth like they were dancing. I slowly sit up from my lying position and look around. Nothing could be seen except for the flowers of the field, they looked as if they went on for miles. Then in the distance there was a figure walking towards me, it was a woman. As she got closer I saw that she was wearing a dress and a big hat, like the close you see women wearing when they go on a pinic. She waved at me and I hesitently waved back at her, I didn't know this woman. She finaly made to where I was sitting and sat beside me, lokking out into the distance.

Her light brown hair flowed in the breeze as she held onto her hat, making sure it didn't fly away. She looked at me with her green eyes and started to talk. She moved her mouth but no sound came out. The only sound I could hear was the soft blow of the wind. It seemed as if she was telling me something important, but I couldn't hear a thing. She stopped talking and pointed at something to my right. There was nothing when I looked so I turned back to her, to find her dead. The whole area changed completely, the flowers were replaced by dead people and houses on fire. I looked at the woman to see that she was stabbed in the chest by a knife. Her blood flowed through the dirt as her green eyes stared lifelessly into the red sky.

I stood and pulled the knife out of her chest, examining the blade I heard a noise. I turned around only to see a man with a gun aiming at me. I don't understand any of this, whats going on? Then after a few seconds the man shot me. Closing my eyes as I was shot I felt my body hit the ground. Though I felt very much alive I couldn't open my eyes, though soon everything grew quiet and cold. After a moment I realized that I could control my body again, so I opened my eyes slowly. At first everything was blurry but I blinked a few times and things became clear.

Lifting myself up I found that I was lying on the floor of some kind of room only wearing under wear. I stood up but when I did I got real dizzy. Holding onto the side of what looked like a hospital bed I recovered from the dizzyness. My head still hurt but I dealt with it as I looked around. Seeing equipment that looked like a hospital, but a second look at it showed that it was something else. I followed the cords and noticed they went to the bed. I looked at my body to find marks of the cords being recently attached to me. They were doing some kind of research on me, but why?

I try to remember how I got here but everything is blank, the only thing that keeps popping up is 'Cole'. When I thought about it it seemed like I knew that word well, more specificly It felt like that was my name. When I thought of that It felt right, I guess my name is Cole. exploring the room I found no evidence of wht they were researching for, but I found a locker that was unlocked. Opening it I pulled out some jeans, a blue shirt, a black jacket with white fur on the hood, and shoes. I quickly put them on to find they were all a perfect fit. Examining the locker more I found black metal knuckled gloves and a knife in a sheath.

I put the gloves on and they felt quite comfortable. Picking up the knife I unsheathed it. Looking at the blade shocked me. As soon as I saw it I remembered that dream I had, this knife was the knife in that woman's chest. It was shaped the same and it had the engraving of the phrase 'Live for death, Die for life.' on the blade. Sheathing it I found that it attaches to the back of my belt. Once I did that I got this strange urge to pull out the knife again. So I did, but this time, acting solely on instinct, I twirled it around, threw it in the air, cought it, twirled it around again and then sheathed it. That was awesome, I had no idea that I could do that with a knife.

My thoughts were interupted when I heard gun shots outside of my room. Well I was gonna go out there anyway, might as well see what that was. I walked up to the door and slowly opened it, peeking my head out. Hearing the gunshots again I looked to my right down the hallway. I fully stepped out of the room and then noticed my surroundings. It was dark but I could see that the walls and floor was stained with blood. Surpriseingly though, there were no bodies lying around. Whoever is out there must have taken them with them. Hearing the shots again I decided to go in that direction, but as stealthly as I can. Don't wanna get shot at.