52. Luke, HELP ME UP

Luke P.O.V

We walked along the sidewalk side by side for about 10 minutes,my hand intertwined with Riley's. This whole situation was confusing, very confusing, but I like it. I looked down and saw Riley in her own world gazing around us. "Earth to Riley you there",I said. "Hm yah sorry",she said embarrassed. "Whatcha thinking of",I asked swinging our hands. "Nothing, just everything",she shrugged. "Are we almost there Luke my legs are screaming",she whined. "Why can't I hear them then",I questioned. She gave me a straight look and bursts out laughing. "Here let me carry you",I said. "You're kidding me",she said laughing.

"No I'm serious, I'll give you a piggy back ride",I said seriously. "Luke I'll weigh you down and you'll get tired and I have no one to pay for my food",she said laughing. "Wow you sound so sincere",I said pretending to be hurt. "No Luke I'd didn't mean it that way, I'll bring you down if you carry me, so you don't need too",she said sounding insecure. "No you're perfect",I said smiling. "No please let us not be that type of couple",she stated. "So were a couple now",I said wiggling my eyebrows. "Shut up Luke before I bite your shoulder",she said seriously.

"There will me no shoulder biting just let me give you a piggy back ride",I whined at her. "Oh alright",she said giving in. I bent down if front of her as she jumped on my back holding on to my shoulders. I grabbed her legs putting them on either side of my sides and locked them around me. "Thank you Lukey",she cooed. "No problem Ri",I said feeling myself blush.

I continued walking with Riley clinging on to the back of me. She gave me energy, I wasn't even tired. I don't even lift, just kidding I do, no I really dont. Who am I even talking to? "Luke",Riley asked snapping me back to reality. "Yup",I asked. "Isn't it scary being up this tall the time",she asked. "No I'm used to it",I said laughing causing her to laugh along with me. Her laugh vibrating through my back making me feel weird. "You're really tall why is that",she asked. "I dont know maybe you're short",I said laughing.

"You know what I miss the shy Luke who was always nervous",she said burying he face in the crook of my neck. I instantly jerked to the side. "What was that",she asked laughing. "That tickled",I said. "This",she asked burying her face back in my neck. "Riley stop I will drop you",I yelled. "Okay I'll stop I'll stop",she said . "Why do you miss the shy nervous me",I asked her. "I mean the other you was cute and nervous all the time and would stutter. I love this Luke too but this one is nowhere NEAR shy and nervous",she said laughing. "Do you want me to change",I asked consciously. "No No I was kidding I love you the way you are",she said sincerely.

"Thank you",I said smiling. She then did something so unexpected that I myself was shocked. She leaned over my shoulder and kissed my cheek, or at least tried to, she kissed near my ear. "What was that for",I asked stunned. "I don't it just felt right",she said. My cheeks flushed a more red color, redder than Michael's hair.

********************************************
"WE'RE HERE AT THE DINER",I yelled to get Riley's attention who seemed to take a nap on my back. "How did you fall asleep we've only been walking for about 15 minutes",I said laughing. "I don't know",she said yawning. "Ready to hop off",I asked. "Yah,"she said. I was just about to let go of her legs when she suddenly let go of my shoulders. She immediatly fell backwards trying to grab on to my shirt. She grabbed on too late and her whole body fell back.

Luckily I was holding her legs and she was just dangling behind me upside down. "Luke help me",she squealed. I couldn't stop laughing, as she struggled to get up still upside down.I slowly knelt to the ground when Riley quickly got off, as I let go of her legs. She literally kissed the ground. "Stop laughing Luke! I was upside down and it felt like I was hanging from a mountain",she said out of breath. She stared up at me with her big eyes. I still couldn't stop laughing. She got up and shoved me pushing me aside. I deserved that. She walked into the Diner with me trailing behind. We found the guys in a booth by the window laughing loudly.

"We literally saw everything",said Calum laughing so much. "Hey you guys are big meanies",Riley yelled at all of us who were laughing again. "You left her hanging for a good 5 minutes",said Michael. "I did not more like 2 minutes",defended Luke. "Guys guys calm down, Riley are you okay",said Ashton calming everyone down. "Just peachy",she replied sticking her tongue out at us. She looked at the menus set in front of us. "What's good here exactly",she asked opening it up to see all the varieties.

"Everything",said Calum. "Well thanks that narrows it down",she replied causing us too laugh again. "We'll have the Chippity Choco Monkey"screamed Michael like a little kid. "MICHAEL you are yelling",said Ashton, like a father. Michael stuck out his tongue and rolled his eyes. "What even is that",Riley said. We all stared at her confused at the fact that she didn't know what that was. "Sorry I haven't been living in Australia my whole life"she said putting her hands up. "Oh we'll show you what it is, we'll have 5 of them",said Calum. "What even is that",she said confused while we all laughed ready for the order to come.