Prolouge

Dedicated to @boredum123 because she made the cover to the side and the cover that is also to the side but for the next book.

_____________________________________

Let me fill you in on some things, some things about werewolves that is. One; we have pack links, but we can block the others out. Two; we have mates, they can be any gender, or even blood related to, they can also be any age. Three; humans do not know about us because we do not interact with them, we have our own communities with schools, malls, cell phone companies, etc. Five; we are not afraid to die, especially for our mate. Six; we can be cold blooded killers. Seven; when we transform, it hurts, it hurts a lot. Each. And every. Single. Time. Eight; you can not reject your mate, it is not possible. Nine; your mate will always be another werewolf. Ten; it is physically impossible to create a child with any other species.

Werewolves, vampires, witches, fairies, shape shifters, and what not all exist. Let me just tell you some things about them, because we do interact. One; none of us are enemies, we all live together. As a matter of fact my two best friends are a fairy and a vampire. Two; fairies are basically energy beings that are normal human size. Three; all species have the opertunity to look into another's mind, as long as that person is willing. Four; vampires can walk in the sun, need human food to survive, are normal temperature, and are immortal. Five; witches can be good or bad, they draw their energy from the living things around them, and tend to live for about half a century. Six; shape shifters can only shift into things they have seen, they can change into other people, and tend to live a regular human life span. Seven; all species have mates, excluding vampires.

Now, some things about me. I am Holly Valentine, the only child of Alpha Franklin Valentine and Luna Katherine Valentine. I am their first, and only child. After me they tried to have another child but my mother miscarried and they soon after found out that she could not bare anymore children. Since I am a girl, this would make my mate the next Alpha, whom I have yet to find. My best friends are Alice Countfect, a fairy, and Andy Carter, a vampire. Alice still lives with her parents but Andy lives with his maker, his parents died decades ago. All three of us are seniors at Nettyberg High School, in the enclosed community called Nettyberg. Nettyberg is where I was born and raised, and is one of the few communities in the state of Louisiana for 'mythical' creatures. Each community is under the rule of one werewolf pack, in this case mine.

It is halfway through the year and my English teacher had just recently died last week, he was a shape shifter, somewhere around his late sixties. Since this happened we have had a substitute, but we were apparently getting a new, and very permanent, one today.

I never really understood why Andy decided to go back to school, I couldn't wait for these years to be over. With a sigh I stepped out of my car and walked through the student parking lot to the entrance of the school. The late bell for first period had rung, late as usual. I never really got why I was always late for school, maybe it's just because I don't care anymore. For the past year or so I feel like I have just given up on life, like it's too boring to go on with. But don't worry, I am not suicidal. I just don't care.

As I got closer to the classroom my body began to tingle, as if a thousand tiny needles were prickling my every nerve. The sensation got more intense with every step I took, and I soon found myself walking faster and faster towards the source. When I opened the door everyone turned their gaze to me, on the account of me being late, which I figured they would have been use to by now. But my gaze only met one, a man in his late twenties or early thirties with long blonde hair. "It just had to be the new teacher." I murmured, shaking my head.

"It just had to be a student." He replied with a smirk.

"Touche." I said with a wink and made my way to the back.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Sorry it's so short, this is just to get it started off. I would love any feedback you wish to give, and comments mean the world to me :)

xoxo Always,

❤♥ Miku ♥❤