4

Chapter 4

                          This can't be happening I mean the door closed. I didn't think he'd be late. My hand is still in his face. When Jake puts his palm against mine and slides his fingers through mine. The warmth of his hand   makes me almost wish he wasn't joking around  but he definitely was.

                    "So, Liza is it..." Jake says with a slick grin on his face. If we weren't in class, I'd like to wipe that stupid grin on his over sized ego filled head.

"So, Jake is it?" I say back in a mocking tone. Mimicking him which made him slightly snicker.

Mrs. Jons pauses from her discussion and gives us a warning glare which Jake really does not seem to care about.

"Your pretty observant when it comes to me aren't you Lizzy?" Jake asks leaning in closer.

I can't believe he just called me Lizzy! My name is Liza L-I-Z-A does Lizzy even sound like my name, no it dosen't so why did he do that. Right then I realize my hand is still intertwined with his I hesitate and  pull my hand away from his.

"What's that supposed to mean, and don't call me that". I say, frustrated at what's been said and what I've been accused of. He's still so close I can see the detail in his eyes. Which are still emerald green with a flick of gold.

"The movies, across the hall, next thing you know you'll be stalking me at practice. Or worse, stalking me every single minute." He says. Moving in a bit closer.

"What do you mean I was stalking you, if anything you were stalking me!" I loudly say back slamming my hand on the table and I realize that the entire class is staring at us as we were arguing. "JAKE, LIZA!" Mrs.Jons yells. We both turn our heads to face her.

"Mrs. Jons, Liza is distracting me from learning." Jake suddenly says and everyone in class laughs except for me who is speechless and embarrassed.

"Don't throw me under the freaking bus!" I shout at Jake and he looks at me with a playful grin.

"But we're not outside, how can I throw you under the bus?" he says back, acting stupid and the class laughs louder and Mrs. Jons couldn't stand it anymore.

"DETENTION!!" She says angrily while pointing at the two of us, waiting to go out of her class and into the Principal's office.

"By the way, was I really stalking you or were you stalking me?". Jake alluringly asks.

                I feel hot and stifling after that remark. I need some space I did'nt realize we were so close. I can't believe he got me in trouble and now I have detention. The worst part is that fact I have it with him. I'm just about to retort back but the bell rings. If it did'n't I would have had to stay in detention with him for the rest of the hour. I immediately take the chance to end this conversation. My black converse slide across the floor as I try to make a quick escape. I'm holding my books to my chest and gasping for air. I head straight for the girl's room. What just happened I seriously don't understand. I mean why is it so hard to breath. Maybe his hotness was too much to take. I laugh a little. I'm definitely not that kinda girl I think. 

      It's probably nothing but I felt something. I take a quick shiver. Jake Austin. I place my things slowly on another sink and look up to the mirror. There's something different about my eyes I can feel it. I grab the sides of the sink and lean in to get a closer. I'm pretty sure that they change color sometimes but this is beyond what is usual. Because when I look at the state of whats being reflected I see a mosaic of freezing ocean blue in my eyes. My eyes widen as the mirror begins to accumulate smoke and looks as if it's about to~ . CRACK the mirror shatters just as soon as I step back.  The mirror had broken with complete separation of glass inside the sink and on the floor. I receive a completely puzzled look what the heck just happened.