Chapter 2

I can't help but continue to stare at my phone every ten seconds. Since accepting Vince's request and stalking his instagram which barely has anything on it I've been waiting for him to message or something. And because he hasn't done anything it makes me question whether I should send him something, I mean he did make the first move and send me the request.

"Just message him," Scarlett says as she pours me a glass of wine, dragging me back into reality.

I shrug her off, "Nah I'm good. It doesn't mean anything."

She laughs, "Okay sure. But do you now understand why I said hockey players are sexy as hell? Especially Vince Dunn, that man is a god."

"You're not wrong. Anyway I'm going to drink this wine and go to sleep. I'm exhausted," I say talking a large gulp from my glass.

"Message him tomorrow if he hasn't messaged you? What's the worse that can happen?" Scarlett asked innocently.

"I shouldn't even be considering it. Do you know the guy gets like seven million a year? He also is way hotter then me..."

"I'm going to stop you right there Sky, yes Vince is a god. But you got it going on too! You might be short but saying that some men love that. You have the best thighs and ass, you don't need to wear makeup like ever because your complexion is amazing and don't even remind me about those dimples."

I blush at Scarlett's nice words, "I do have a nice ass don't I?"

She laughs at my joke, "Glad that's all you took from that. Anyway all I'm saying is you're a looker too and he obviously saw something because why else would he send you a request? The guy barely follows anyone."

"I don't know Scar," I shrug and she continues to stare me down, "Fine! If I hear nothing by tomorrow afternoon then I'll message him!"

"Promise?" She asks, holding out her pink for me to promise her with.

"Promise! And you know I never break a promise," I smile at her linking my pinky with hers.

"Yes I know," she grins and then tinks her glass against mine, "Now drink up and then we can snuggle up on the lounge and finish off that movie from yesterday."

"Ah!" I sarcastically groan, "Your just going to fall asleep anyway.

We both laugh, have the last few sips of our wines then make ourselves comfy. I must say tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

...

I'm not working today but I always like to come grab coffee after my morning run and that also means grabbing one for Scarlett aswell and running it over to her. What can I say, I'm a good friend.

I go to pay for my coffees and then a hand holding out a phone taps on the machine, I turn around. Surprised to see Vince standing behind me, "What are you..."

"Hi," he grins like a schoolboy. God he is adorable.

"You didn't even order yourself a coffee," I chuckle.

"I'll just share yours," he shrugs. I look down at my drink protectively and then back up at him to notice him quietly laughing, "I'm kidding. I just wanted to be a gentleman. I'll order mine now."

"You didn't have to do that, it's not like we are on a date or anything. You just popped up..." I pause and give him a questioning look, "You stalking me Vince?"

He shakes his head and smirks, quickly giving the lady his coffee order before pulling me to the side as we wait, "Promise I wasn't stalking you. Felt like coffee and was hoping the stars aligned so I'd get to see you again."