Part 3: 1 Day Until Deployment

Warnings: 18+ no minors please. Swearing, explicit sexual references, medical conditions, mentions of past mentally abusive relationships. SMUT: explicit PiV, fingering, cockwarming, oral f!receiving 

 SMUT: explicit PiV, fingering, cockwarming, oral f!receiving 

"They're on the dresser darlin'."

Flick found the pill bottle she'd been searching for and shook out her dosage of tablets onto her palm.

"And there's a fresh glass of water, next to your makeup bag," Jake added.

She swallowed the pills and washed them down.

"What will I do without you?" she smiled, turning to Jake to thank him. Meeting his eyes, she realised the gravity of what she'd just said. Never had such a light turn of phrase felt so heavy on her tongue.

Jake was leaving tomorrow. For six months. Six whole months. He would be away on deployment from the first of October through to the end of March, forcing her to endure winter and the beginning of spring without her sunshine.

"Come here," Jake said softly. He held his arms out and gestured for Flick to join him on the bed. She climbed onto his lap, and he drew her to his chest.

Neither of them spoke for a little while, they were just content to be close. One of Jake's hands stroked through her hair tenderly, whilst the other slid up and down her back, a warm path felt through her silk nightdress.

Flick tried to push the intrusive thoughts away. The ones that told her to hold on to Jake so tightly that he could never bear to leave her. The ones that told her this could be the last night they would ever spend together. The ones that told her he might never come back.

But she couldn't give in to those thoughts. She wouldn't.

She just wanted to focus on the here and now. The heat of Jake's body and the unwavering strength of his muscles under her hands. The sound of his heart beating next to hers.

You're the luckiest woman in the world, thought Flick, to know Jake Seresin as you do.

She was hardly aware of moving her head to press her lips reverently against his neck, but one taste of the man she loved was never enough. Flick savoured his skin again and again, working up, up, nipping at his ear before sucking at the hinge of his jaw.

"Babe," Jake breathed, and his eyes fell closed. He was helpless under her ministrations.

The hand on her back stalled but held firm.

Then he drew Flick to his lips and kissed her. Their movements were slow and heavy, like December snow settling on park benches, orchids finally blooming under the summer sun, or the steady rise of cake batter baking in the oven.

She'd never had a kiss like this before. Flick thought she had experienced the full spectrum of Jake's affection; from filthy dances of tongues whilst they worked each other up, to quick pecks at traffic lights or to say hello. Messy clashes of teeth and noses whilst they fucked. Gentle and loving face-in-hands smooches. Frivolous giggle-fuelled lip locks that descended into tickle battles or play fights. Steamy make-out sessions when they had nowhere else to be except curled up in each other's company. She loved them all, but this was uncharted territory.