Ch. Twenty Four

Brooke knew how she had feelings for Nick still. Things were complicated. And she didn't know how to handle it.

She was pregnant which made things harder for her. She had to do what she thought was best for herself and the baby.

The only person in her family who knew about how she felt about Nick was Esmè. But she trusted her to not say anything.

It wasn't easy. Especially as Brooke was dealing with her hormones too. She just wanted her life to be simple and okay. But it was far from okay.

Brooke knew how Carla was worried about her and Nick. She didn't know how to feel about the fact that her daughter was pregnant by her ex partner.

It was awkward. And Brooke wanted things to be simple. But it was far from simple. It was complicated.

All she knew was that she needed to somehow make her life work again before the baby came. She needed to know what was going on with Nick.

Morning came and she was sitting in bed. The door opened and Esmè walked in. She handed her some toast. "You're gonna need your strength today. Mum is off work."

Brooke groaned. She nodded. "I can't be dealing with that. She's gonna do my head in," she said as she looked to her.

Esmè smiled. "You can come with me to take Isla to nursery. Then we can go for lunch or something."

"Okay. That's better than being here all day with mum going on at me," she said as she ate some toast.

She was feeling sick again so put the plate down. Esmè smiled. "I don't miss those days. Morning sickness is a bitch," she said.

Brooke nodded. "I know. I'm not a fan of it. But I can't wait to meet my baby," she told Esmè. She sighed. "Do you think I'll be a good mum? I'd like to think I will."

"I think you'll be an amazing mum. You already are," Esmè said as she took her hand.

***
Brooke was sitting in Roy's with Esmè. She looked up as Nick walked in. He smiled. "Hey. How are you?" He asked.

Brooke nodded. "I'm okay. My mum is off work. So she's about to drive me clinically insane. So my sister is saving me."

Nick smiled. He sat with her. "How's the baby?" He asked.

"Okay I guess. Still cooking away," Brooke told him as she smiled.

Nick nodded. "I've been thinking. Maybe we could do something this weekend? Spend time together?" He asked.

"Sounds good."

Nick smiled as he stood and walked off. Esmè walked over. "What's going on there?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just asking how the baby is," Brooke said. Not wanting to tell her the whole truth.

***
Brooke was sitting in the living room. Carla walked in and smiled. "How you doing baby?" She asked.

Brooke shrugged and smiled. "I'm okay. Just texting my friends," she lied. She was texting Nick. "I'm staying with Courtney this weekend."

Carla nodded. But she had no idea how Brooke was about to find herself in the arms of Nick once more.