chapter 4

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

4. gutter ball

Jocelyn sat at her desk, typing away as Carisi was doing the same. She pushed up her glasses every now and then, taking little break, rubbing her eyes and walking to stretch her legs.

"Don't you ever stay still?" Carisi chuckles as she comes back from her lunges from the break room.

"Couldn't feel my legs, had to." She sits back down. A man came in, asking for Amaro, he just waltz in, putting on a show. Olivia had to get Amaro from the integration room.

"Nicolas Amaro." He introduced himself to Sonny. "Nick Amaro's father." Jocelyn drops her pen and puts on a smile.

"Dominick Carisi Jr, funny that Amaro and I are named after our fathers." Sonny shakes his hand.

"And you are?" He winks at Jocelyn. She drops her smile.

"Jocelyn Peña."

"Jocelyn Peña." He repeated in an accent. Amaro Sr. takes her hand and kisses her knuckles. Jocelyn takes back her hand, Sonny can tell by the look of her face, she was uncomfortable. "Nicky never told me that he's working with someone who is so beautiful." Thats it. Sonny cuts in, stepping in.

"Peña, lets get some food, im starving." Jocelyn gets up from her chair. Sonny grabs her coat and bag, placing his hand on her back so they could walk together.

"You didn't have to do that Sonny." Jocelyn puts in her coat. "I had things that were far worst than a old man flirting with me."

"He was getting too close." They hopped out the elevator and headed to the parking lot. Jocelyn walks besides him to the car and warmed up for a bit as Sonny took her out to eat. It was some deli shop that was down a few blocks from the precinct. Jocelyn walks around the store as Sonny ordered their sandwiches. "Ready?" he shows her the bag.

"Hold on." She pays for a bag of chips and soda. They sat in the car for a while as they took an early lunch. "This is so good." She hums as Sonny had been speaking about how good the sandwiches were. "You didn't lie."

"Come on, i would never lie to you." They chuckled.

"This is the best meal I have ever eaten since i got here." Sonny backs up. There was no way.