Episode 8: Once Bitten, Twice Shy

The scene opens to the Destiny Bounty where Nya is giving the ninja a talk about potential methods to cure a Fangpyre bite. At the back of the room, Dabi is seen looking through more footage of the assassin.

Nya: Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom. (Zane is shown taking notes while Kai is bored. Cole is drawing a picture of him fighting while Jay, sporting a new hairstyle, stares at Nya with an infatuated expression on his face.) If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. (Her cheeks turn pink.) Resulting in...diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume.

Jay: Heh. (Whispers to Kai) You told me it was men's cologne.

Kai: Meh, I get them mixed up. (Everyone but Jay and Nya laughs. Zane turns his humor switch off.)

Cole: Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades.

Kai: Sounds like a plan.

Zane: I'm excited to join. (Jay waits for them to leave, forgetting Dabi was there.)

Jay: Uh, hey uh, Nya, I'm sorry. The reason I was—you know—I went to Kai because—look. What I'm trying to say is—

Nya: I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes.

Jay: No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our True Potential.

Dabi's eyes widen slightly as he overhears the conversation. He shoots his eyes behind him as if wanting to show Jay the definition of "if looks could kill".

Nya: Impress me? But I look so...

Jay: Fantastic. (Nya begins playing with her hair.) Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant.

Dabi's head shoots up, with the couple being highly oblivious, as smoke rises from his head.

Jay: You don't have to, if you don't want to...

Nya: You mean like a date?

Jay: Um, yeah?

And that's the straw that broke the camel's back. Dabi's head bursts into flames that seem like they should have burnt the Bounty down in seconds.

https://media.tenor.com/SUpY5eIlP0IAAAAd/hercules-hades.gif

Somehow. Jay and Nya have still failed to notice the spreading fire.

Nya: Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight. (She leaves.)

Jay: Yes! (Laughs, and accidentally pricks himself on the skeleton.) Ow! Aah! Man.

He leaves unaware of a trickle of venom dripping from the skeleton. Though as he leaves, sprinklers activate which puts out Dabi and his fire.

Dabi: Jay... I will burn you to the ground.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­______________________________________________________________

The Serpentine dig their way above ground just outside of Mega Monster Amusement Park.

Skales: This is it, Pythor. The map leads us here. The first Fangblade. (He points to the park.) Maybe it's better to wait until dark, so we don't attract any unwanted attention from the ninja or Samurai.