Palestine: A Cry for Justice against Genocide

The United States along with other western nations like the United Kingdom have been ignoring as well as hiding the fact that they supported and funded a terrible genocide on the Palestinian people for over 70 years with little to no care for humanity.

That included paying for with our own tax dollars the brutal colonization and deaths of thousands of innocent Palestinian civilians.
Many of whom were children and women that have been relentlessly bombed, tortured, beaten, imprisoned, starved, and raped since the occupation of the Israelis in order to expel Palestinians from their land.

I find it very interesting and disturbing that we have allowed Israel to steal approximately 78% of Palestine in front of our own eyes over the last 75 years, and not just allowed it we have funded and supported it with little to no questions being asked.

I can't think of a single modern day equivalent to that even when you look at Russia taking over such a small portion of Ukraine. In what is commonly thought of and in my opinion, is a terrible and unneeded war with countless human rights violations is nothing compared to what Israel has done to thousands of Palestinians over the last seven decades.

Gaza is the worlds largest open air prison and is home to approximately 2 million Palestinians with 42% percent of them being 14 or younger. That means that over 800,000 children are being imprisoned and prevented from ever leaving an area smaller then the south side of LA.

Just a few of the features that encompass the "Prison of Gaza" include a 7-meter wall with sensors, remote-controlled machine guns to fire at Palestinians fleeing, heavy military patrols, and concertina wire in the three areas where the border runs adjacent to Israeli settlements. While it's not something we would traditionally think of as a prison here in the United States, it's security would rival most of the top level prisons we currently have.

 While it's not something we would traditionally think of as a prison here in the United States, it's security would rival most of the top level prisons we currently have

Think about how all of those innocent kids feel having to grow up being oppressed in such a way. It's the smaller things which are still extremely tragic like the mass food insecurity or not being able to get simple vaccinations piled on with much larger things.

While Israel withdrew its military forces and dismantled its settlements in Gaza in 2005 it had planned the construction of the Gaza wall in 2006. In response the United Nations, International Committee of the Red Cross, and many more human-rights organization continued to consider it occupied as the Israeli military still controls Gaza's borders, airspace, and sea access with little remorse for the Palestinian people.

Due to the Israeli blockade Gaza suffers from shortages of food, electricity, water and most other necessities. The United Nations as well as at least 15 human-rights organizations have urged Israel to lift it's illegal siege.

I beg anybody who does not know the definitions of apartheid, ethnic cleansing, and colonization to research them and see if this occupation isn't a textbook definition.

My own grandmother is older then the country of Israel so for the United States to acknowledge that somehow Israel is a country but Palestine which was ruled under the Ottoman Empire for almost 400 years from 1516 all the way to 1918, except for 9 years (1831-1840) up until the British and Israeli occupations from 1918-2023 is somehow not a country is beyond belief.

But when you remember that we are a country built on Europeans colonizing native peoples in such a harsh way as stealing, raping, and burning everything and everyone that you can find in the area it's not as surprising when you see it happening again in a very similar way, sadly it's just another great example of the famous quote.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

- Eric Simpson 11/1/23