It Can Wait

I adjusted my bowtie, the long red ribbon dangled from my neck to the length of my blazer. I got a brush and brushed through my hair. The curly mess, once brushed, becomes a cleaner curly mess. Omg, I can't get this hair to ever calm down. I sighed as I put the hairbrush on my bedside table.

I made my way into the kitchen, looking at the fridge to see what I'm going to cook today.

"Maybe I could try another cuisine..." I found a lot in my fridge, maybe I could change it up a bit.

Perhaps some cat-shaped fried rice would be good?

I grab the ingredients I need, peas, carrots, day-old rice, eggs, spring onion, onions, and garlic.

I put them all on the counter, I opened the cabinet door above me and picked out sesame oil, soy sauce, and cooking oil; and placed them on the counter as well.

I got a chopping board and laid it on the counter. I washed all the vegetables and unpeeled them. Putting all the vegetables on the board, I brandish my knife over the vegetables. Now comes a nice part.

I chopped away, not even caring where the knife may slice through. Letting all the vegetables be diced without me even looking. A smile was put on my face as I stared at the ceiling, it reminded me of that chapter in Portrait of Markov, poor Libitina. My hand was going even faster, mincing the vegetables into the smallest of pieces. Until all I heard was the sound of the knife on a chopping board. I looked down, the vegetables were chopped cleaner than yesterday. I put the knife beside.

It seems like every day chopping vegetables becomes less and less exciting.

I cracked some eggs in a bowl and added the garlic and onions. Heating oil in a wok, I dropped in the eggs and started cooking. After a while, I got my wooden spatula and cut the egg into small pieces. I added rice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and MSG, and flipped the wook until they all got mixed up. I grabbed the chopping board and my knife, and pushed the vegetables in the wok, except the spring onion. I tossed it a few times again and got out my cat mold.

Before people made fun of me for liking cats. Calling me a tomgirl, and all sorts of names. Well except...

"Y/N..." I mutter out of memory.

She was my only friend back in those elementary times, we became the bestest of friends. We would do almost everything together. I wonder why she distanced herself from me. She was actually the one who gave me this mold, something about winning it in a fun fair. And ever since I could cook, I've been using it.

By the time I'm done with my thoughts, it seems like I've gone on autopilot. I turned off the stove, prepared my lunchbox, placed some rice into the mold, and topped it on the inside of the box. It was a perfect fit for 6 fried rice cats. I can't help but think 'Omg it's so fricking cuteee'. I check the wok cooling on the stove. What there's more... There's leftover rice... What am I gonna do?

Wait a minute... I could give Y/N!

Just like before!

Wait no, today is special.

Maybe I could make it better!

-----

I walked to the classroom door, bravely took a smile, and stepped inside.

"Good Morning!" Already my classmates gathered around me.
"Here Glitchtrap! A gift!" Thank you.
"Wanna go on a lunch Soneyuri-san?" Of course.
"I saw someone put a note in your locker Glitchtrap." I wonder who it's from.

That is what I would say.

I walked away and sat on my desk. The crowd looked at me, and bit by bit they were silenced. Finally some peace and quiet. I look over my shoulder, Y/N is not in her seat, she's standing in a corner, it looks like she's talking to... Who?