PROLOGUE

Dam's POV.

Daddy's telling me a story about mom's favorite fairytale, gabi-gabi nya tong kinukwento sakin to the point na makakabisa ko na simula sa "once upon a time..." hanggang sa "and they live happily ever after..." Pero dahil sa wala naman akong magagawa at di naman pwedeng magpalit ng daddy ok na din pagtiyagaan, de joke lang.

"Once upon a time, there is a beautiful girl living in a castle-like mansion," panimula ni daddy at pumikit ako para ma-imajine yun kagaya ng lagi kong ginagawa.

Nai-imajine ko ang sarili sa isang malaking bahay suot ang magarang gown na gawa sa mga mamahaling hiyas.

"She is a bright, kind, and beautiful young lady, she always share what she have with others, and never wait for something in return. That is why her family and people in their land adore her, even the princes from the other lands are admiring her." Patuloy pa ulit ni dad.

"One day the girl woke up hearing noises comming from downstairs. She immediately got up to see what's going on, but as soon as she opened the door, she was startled as everyone shouted 'happy birthday!' she laughed at her self for forgetting her own 18th birthday." I smiled as dad continue the story.

"Her family thrown a big party for her, and there she met a lot of people most of them are nobles, princes, princesses, and people who came from wealthy family." Nai-imajine ko ang sarili ko na nakikipag kilala sa mga taong bumabati saakin ng happy birthday.

"But most importantly, there she met..." Sinadya ni dad na pabitinin ang istorya kaya nakanguso akong tumingin sakanya.

"There she met who?" Pagtatanong ko pa pero tumawa lang si dad and command me to sleep. "Pero dad, di pa ko inaantok, finish the story muna please." I plead and as expected nauto ko si dad.

He continued the story and said. "There she met a prince, a handsome prince, he offered friendship and the girl happily accepted it." Kinikilig-kilig na ko ng time na 'to dahil nahuhulaan ko na ang mga susunod na mangyayari.

"As days, weeks, months, and years passed by, the prince slowly fall for the girl and the girl does the same to the prince too. The girl introduce the prince to her family as the guy who she want to get married with, and her family accepted it, the prince did too and his family was so proud that he made the girl that he want fall for him too, it turned out that the prince liked the girl for so long and never got the courage to confess." Abot tenga ang ngiti ko dahil sa nalalapit na pagtatapos ng story.

"The two got married and went through struggles in life together such as fighting the bad guys who wanted to take over the throne, and evil witches and warlocks who wanted them to break-up, soon they got a lovely little daughter who they named Damcel and then..." Pagputol di dad sa istorya ay ang siya ding pagmulat ko at sinabayan ko na siya sa pagbigkas ng huling linya. "...they live happily ever after." Sabay naming bigkas.

The more dad read about their real-life fairy tale to me, the more I want to build my own too. Pero san ba nakakabili ng prince charming o ng knight in shining armor?

I'm Damsel Rueves Parsley, and this is the story of how I built my own fairy tale.