✧-Every Year-✧

"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOIN"

One of these days I am goin' to strangle these kids...

"GET BACK HERE!" I screamed, chasing down a group of young teens that I had just caught trying to take a poster from the cinema part of the mall.

And oh fucking hell they were fast.

_________

"Y/- ...oh, again?" Coming out of a corner standing in all their glory, was my best friend. Mercy. "Yea-" The kid I was holding down started struggling.

"Wait till my mother hears about this!" Yelped the teen, trying to hide their obvious frightened state. "She sure as hell will hear about this" I replied with anger, holding them down with more strength, the teen getting even more visibly nervous, wishing they hadn't said anything.

Turning my attention back to Mercy, I soon realize that they weren't quite paying attention to what had just happened. Instead I caught them looking at the other security gaurd that was currently holding down one of the other teens.

"Hey mercy~?" I sang, immediately having the attention of my flustered friend.
I raised a brow towards the coworker, Mark? I think was his name. I gave a sly smirk to mercy as they burst into blushing mess.

"What." They responded in a serious tone, attempting to hide what had just occurred.

"Nothin nothin just wanted to ask if the kids parents are here yet?" I backed, acting as if nothing happened.

"I- no I have not heard anything yet but they should be here soon" Said Mercy, with a very displeased look. Wide aware of what I was trying to do. "Hm ok" I responded.

________

"God fuckin finally, I hate dealin with those punks."

"I know, you complain about them all day" Mercy groaned.

"Well how could I not? Its like runnin' the paser test back in middle school. I am NOT build for this." You said, followed by a groan of annoyance.

"Yeah yeah whatevs, anyways earlier I wanted to ask if you would like to go to my birthday?" Said Mercy, with a happy tone. "Of course, I go Every Year?" I rolled my eyes, in a jokingly sarcastic manner of course but confused since they don't even have to ask me.

"Ok! My mum has planned it at a cool arcade kind of place, well thats how she described it.. she found it while driving around town you know, trying to get to know the place"

I froze. The thought of where Mercy's parents now lived had completely left my mind before. More so I forced it out, but I really shouldn't go.

"Yeah, of course I'll go." I laughed awkwardly.

Great job fuckface.

_________________________

Mercy had now left a while ago, deciding to have stay a bit longer to confirm and tell me all the details for the flight in a couple of days.

Mercy wants everything to go smoothly so she had me call my boss right then and there to ask for vacation days.

Now I am left in my house, alone.

Alone with my worry for returning to that hell of a place.It'll be alright I just don't break my promise.

The room heating up and tears running down my cheeks distracted me from how long I had been staring into ablivion.

"I should get ready for bed.." I mumbled under my breath, quickly wiping my tears. I stood up walking through the hallway towards my bedroom.

Squerrew