Chapter 2 - Flight

All rights to Stephanie Meyer!

~

*Edwards POV*

I hate planes, and judging by the family's thoughts I guessed that they didn't like them much either. The thought of being stuck in an enclosed space for hours on end was very annoying. It's worse because we don't sleep.

I looked at Renesmee sleeping soundly in the seat next to me. Bella was sitting on the seat next to me, my hand in hers as she stared out of the window in wonder.

"You act like you've never been on a plane before," I chuckled lightly in her ear. She craned her head around so that she was looking at me, a smirk set on her lips.

"I haven't, as a vampire," she giggled, she always giggles when she mentions what we are. The reason? I have no idea.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I whispered.

"Yes, it is, but I can't help but think that there is a good chance that the plane could crash," she replied, I chuckled at her. Can she really be so silly?

"Even if the plane did crash, you would be perfectly fine," I reminded her, but she shook her head, now looking serious.

"It's not me I'm worried about," she gestured to Renesmee and Jacob. I sighed.

"Do you really think I would let anything happen to them?" Ness was my daughter, and Jacob was like a brother to me.

Now it was her turn to sigh. "No," she said, looking down at her lap.

"Exactly," I smiled, kissing her head. She then rested her head on my shoulder.

"What are we going to do if Renesmee says yes?" she whispered, Jacob's fingers twitched a little, but his eyes stayed shut.

"Well, we have given him our blessing, so I guess we just prepare for the wedding," I shrugged. She looked at Renesmee and Jacob for a second before looking up at me.

"Do you think he'll make her happy?" she asked me, I smiled at her.

"I know he will make her happy. She's his imprint, he will make it his life goal to make her smile," I said, looking at Jacob as he smiled.

Glad to know you approve of me, pops. Jake thought to me, I chuckled. Bella looked at me in curiosity, but let it go as Renesmee woke up.

"What are you two going on about?" she asked, knowing exactly what we were talking about.

"Oh, nothing, just about your happiness and all. Making sure a dog a can keep you happy forever," Bella said.

"I heard that," Jacob mumbled as he woke up. He glared at Bella before sitting up.

"You were mean't to," she laughed, smiling innocently at Jacob.

"Ouch," he chuckled.

"How long until we land?" Ness asked us, rubbing her eyes.

"About three hours," Bella answered.

It felt like we were on this plane for weeks. Being a vampire, time is very slow. Every second feels like an hour, that's how bad it is.

"Seriously? But I'm hungry and you know I hate the food they have on planes!" Ness complained, rubbing her stomach as it  rumbled. I forgot she hasn't ate since the airport in Seattle, which was five hours ago. She must be starving.

"Renesmee, you'll have to do with the food they supply on the plane for now, until we land and can get you some proper food. Why don't you get some nuts?" Bella suggested.