3

"I'm not sure. Check over there." One of the armed men motioned to the left, and another went to look around the trees.
The woman pressed herself closer to Levi, her heart beating wildly in her chest. She tried to remain silent, but her breaths were loud and steady.
Levi put his finger to his lips, motioning for the woman to be silent. His eyes never left the two armed men, who were now getting closer to their hiding spot. He slowly reached for the dagger tucked into his belt.

The armed men were almost on top of them now, their footsteps getting louder with every passing second.
Then, a branch snapped, its loud snap cutting through the silence like a dagger. All three of them jumped, their heads snapping towards the sound.
The two armed men raised their weapons, their eyes growing wide. "What was that?" One of them asked, his voice shaking with fear.
The other man grabbed his shoulder, pulling him down behind a tree. "Shh! I'm not sure what it was, but we need to stay quiet."

The two armed men nodded, slowly creeping forward until they spotted Levi and the woman hiding behind a tree. The woman's heart skipped a beat, her eyes widening in horror. Levi tightened his grip on her hand, keeping her behind him. "Stay quiet." He whispered.
The armed men stood silently for a moment, their weapons raised. The woman held her breath, trying to keep herself as still as possible. But all of their efforts were in vain, as the armed men saw them and moved closer. Levi tensed his muscles, ready for a fight.

"Come out now." One of the armed men said, his voice cold and sharp.
Levi didn't respond, his eyes fixed on the armed men in front of him. The woman was shaking, her breathing shallow and fast. "Come out or we'll kill you."
Levi ignored them, his finger tightening on the hilts of his daggers.
"Last chance." The armed man said, his face cold and harsh. But Levi was determined to protect the woman, and he had no intentions of giving up.