8/13

As expected, the boys were woken by Junhui's desperate screams in the morning.

"Well, Minghao's gone." sighed Wonwoo. "Gyu, you're the only one left in the '97 line."

"Don't remind me." shivered Mingyu.

"Okay, sorry. Do you know who it is?"

"No." said Mingyu, letting out an amused chuckle. "Hell, I don't even know who I am anymore."

"Well, have you noticed the whole '95 line is still alive?"

Mingyu frowned. "Now that you mention it, yeah."

"Isn't that weird?" asked Wonwoo. "The '95 line are pretty close. They would never kill each other."

"That's what we think." said Mingyu.

Wonwoo sighed. "It's not Joshua-hyung, that we know. Otherwise, Minghao wouldn't have died. So it's either Seungcheol-hyung or Jeonghan-hyung. Maybe both."

"This is confusing." groaned Mingyu, running his hands through his hair. "Let's go get something to eat, I'm hungry."

"What if we find another dead body?" asked Wonwoo.

Mingyu chuckled. "Hopefully not. Why in the kitchen, of all places?"

Wonwoo shrugged. "Don't ask me, I'm not the killer. I'll come with you, but I want to go to the library."

"Why?" asked Mingyu.

"I want to find a true crime book." said Wonwoo. "Because this feels like a story, honestly."

"What if it is?" asked Mingyu.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "You're so weird sometimes."

"But you love me." said Mingyu.

"Fine, yes. I do."

"You should really stop being all lovey-dovey, it's early in the morning and there's still a killer out there."

Seungcheol was standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed. He looked as though he hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep.

"Okay, grumpy grandpa." said Mingyu. "Why don't you go find your boyfriend?"

"Jeonghan's still with Joshua. I'm not worried about them. If one of them dies, we know who it is." said Seungcheol.

"How much of the conversation did you hear?" asked Wonwoo.

"Not much." said Seungcheol. "We should go check on Junhui."

"Yeah." shrugged Mingyu. "Come on, hyung."

"You two go. I'm going to the library." said Wonwoo.

"Wh- hyung, you'll die!"

"Not if I'm alone, which I'll make sure I am. You two have fun with a psychotic Junhui, I'll be reading if you need me."

Mingyu sighed. "Please don't die. I'll be lost without you."

"I'll be fine." Wonwoo assured him. "Go on, Junhui needs you more than I do right now."

He watched as his boyfriend walked down the hall with the eldest of them all, smiling sadly. What was Mingyu so worried about? No one could kill him if he locked the door behind him.

He walked downstairs and around the corner to the library, making sure he locked and barricaded the door behind him. He wasn't that worried, but Mingyu was. And Mingyu meant the world to him.

He started looking through the shelves, searching for a book that would help him. He started to pull one out, interested. But suddenly-

"Surprise, bitch."

Wonwoo flinched as someone popped out from behind the curtains. He had a hood covering his face, but his voice was vaguely familiar.

"What- it was you?!"

"I'm just the apprentice." said the apprentice, stepping forward with a grin on his face. Wonwoo stepped back too, scared.

"How'd you know I was here? How'd you even get in?"

"I had a feeling you'd turn to your lovely little books for help." said the apprentice. "So I hid here. No one will ever know."

"So how do you plan to kill me?" asked Wonwoo, as calmly as he could. Just keep him talking. Maybe you can escape.

"You'll see." said the apprentice. "I see what you're doing, Jeon Wonwoo. You can't run from me. I'll follow you to the edge of the earth."

Wonwoo started inching away slowly. "Is that so?"

He suddenly made a run for it, but the apprentice, who had been expecting it, launched himself on top of Wonwoo. Wonwoo let out a small cry of pain, hoping someone would come. But how? He'd barricaded and locked the door, thinking it was smart at the time. He mentally cursed himself.

"Bye, bitch. Have fun suffocating." said the apprentice, smirking as he stomped as hard as he could on Wonwoo's ribs.

Wonwoo winced as he heard something crack. Suddenly, it became much harder to breathe. His broken ribs must have impaired his lungs.

But Mingyu... what about Mingyu? He'd promised he'd be back, promised he wouldn't die... had Mingyu foreshadowed his own death?

Wow, this was really starting to feel like some twisted fanfiction.

As for the apprentice, he smirked as he turned his back on Wonwoo, leaving him to die. Helpless, Wonwoo made one last attempt to grab the book. Hopefully, everyone else was smart enough to know what he was doing.