13/13

"Hey everyone!" said Soonyoung loudly, entering classroom S17 at Pledis High. In class S17, there was never a dull moment. Most of them were introverts, but none of them acted like it.

"Shut up, respectfully." said Jihoon, annoyed.

"You were almost late." said Jeonghan, nodding to the clock. "Where in tarnation is our teacher?"

"I expect there was a long line at that coffee shop down the road. Nothing much." said Wonwoo simply.

"But he's never this late." said Seungkwan. "Do you think we should try to contact him?"

"Why? There's no teacher in here, we should have a party!" said Chan.

"That sounds amazing." said Mingyu. "I'll go get the stuff from the cabinet!"

He stood up and walked to the cabinet in the back. No one paid much attention until-

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

They all jumped up and ran to the back of the room. Mingyu stood there, pale as a ghost.

"I- what- help!"

Seungcheol pushed Mingyu out of the way and looked into the cabinet, nearly fainting as he did so.

"Oh my- oh my god!"

Their teacher, Mr. Park, was slumped upright against the cabinet walls, blood dripping from a wound in his head. He was definitely dead.

"How does this happen?" whispered Dokyeom weakly.

"This definitely isn't suicide." said Minghao softly, touching the wound gently with his long, slender fingers. "If no one else discovered him, how could he kill himself in this small cabinet? This has to be a murder."

"Wait, was that note there a minute ago?" asked Junhui, pointing to the teacher's desk.

Joshua frowned and hurried over. "What does it say?" asked Vernon apprehensively.

Joshua cleared his throat and read the note aloud.

"Dear class of S17, if you are seeing this note, you know that your teacher is dead. What you may not know is that his killer is someone in this room, and that he has an apprentice. While eleven of you are innocent, two of you worked together to murder your teacher. And now, their job is to kill off the remaining eleven. Be careful who you trust. Good luck, Unknown."

"Well... that's not good." summed up Soonyoung.

"Shut up, how do we know it's not you?" asked Junhui.

"Hey, I'm the only one allowed to tell him to shut up!" said Jihoon.

"Everyone be quiet!" shouted Jeonghan. "If two of us are killers, shouldn't we call the police?"

"But how can we if we don't know who the killers are?" asked Chan.

"Besides, there's no service in here." said Joshua. "I was thinking we could simply get the hell out of here."

"That sounds like a good idea." said Dokyeom, still frozen in place.

"Shouldn't we tell someone about this?" asked Mingyu, gesturing to the teacher's body.

"Nah. They'll see it eventually." shrugged Jeonghan.

"But won't it look suspicious if thirteen boys from the same class just run out of the same classroom their teacher was murdered in and out the front doors for everyone to see?"

"Who said we had to go through the front doors?" asked Seungcheol. "I know a shortcut, follow me."

They followed the eldest of the group, down the hall and to the bathrooms. Luckily, the hall monitors were substituting elsewhere today.

"The shortcut is in the bathrooms?" asked Seungkwan, disgusted.

Seungcheol nodded. "We're only two floors up, it won't be that bad."

"Do you mean to tell me..."

"Yep!" said Seungcheol, seemingly not worried about jumping out of the window. "Come on before someone sees us!"

They all filed into the bathroom, Minghao locking the door behind them. Junhui wrapped an arm around him, resting his head on his shoulder.

"We need to be quick. Someone might try to come in." said Seungcheol. "Bye guys. See you on the ground."

He slid out of the window, falling down to the ground. Jeonghan let out a weak cry.

"I'm fine!" he reported. "Hurry!"

They decided to go in age order. Jeonghan sat on the window ledge, took a deep breath, and slid down to the ground, right into Seungcheol's arms.

One by one, they fell to the ground, with barely a scratch. Everything went smoothly until it was Dokyeom's turn.

"A-are you sure about this?"

"Just go!" said Seungkwan impatiently.

"I can't! It's so high!"

Mingyu stepped forward. "Should we... jump together? Since we're both afraid of heights..."

Dokyeom nodded. "Do not let go of me."

"I won't." said Mingyu, tightly wrapping an arm around Dokyeom. "Wonwoo-hyung, I'm so sorry, this had to be done. I still love you."

They jumped together. Dokyeom squeezed his eyes shut, terrified. He sighed in relief when they hit the ground.

Seungkwan immediately followed. Then, someone rattled the doorknob.

"Hurry!" hissed Chan.

"Come with me." said Vernon, holding Chan close to him. They dropped to the ground, relieved.

"Well, we survived." said Jihoon. "Now what?"

"Now, we run." said Seungcheol.