Part 6: Money

Jackson lay asleep in his friends' room. Normally, Jackson's dreams are usually quite pleasant, with most being forgettable.  Recently, however, Jackson's dreams were more...upsetting, to say the least. Aside from the dream from a few days prior, Jackson had been having relatively normal dreams since. Tonight was an exception. His dream was a darker, with a weird sinister vibe about it. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was something watching him. The hairs on the back of his head were up straight. He started walking forward, reaching his hands out to try and feel for anything to gain leverage on. He brushes his hand past something vaguely woodlike, and wraps his arms around it. He stumbles through the dark, keeping a steady yet quick pace in order to avoid stumbling and potentially losing his bearings. After a small amount of time, he came across a small clearing, with a small house that looked eerily similar to his old one. He walk closer to it, expecting the worst. He recognized this house, but there was no forest when he last saw it. He did remember some things about the house. He looked to his right. There it was. The red, very worn pickup truck in the driveway. It's easy to recognize something like that when you have history with it like Jackson's. He shudders for a bit, before opening the door to his house. He's blindsided with what he encounters. Despite the dark and colorless nature of the outside, the inside was colorful, with everything being a warm and peaceful color. He walked around for a bit, taking in the sights before encountering his mother. She looked noticeably younger, with a lot of her facial features being softer and having a happier expression on her face like usual. She was singing a song, in her own world, before noticing Jackson. "Oh, hey sweetie. Mom's busy with something right now, so I might need your help with something. Can you give this your dad?" she says, before handing Jackson a box. Jackson can barely respond before she puts the box in his hands. Without any warning, Jackson suddenly starts walking on his own, despite his own protests. Jackson struggles, however, his efforts are in vain, as his body won't adhere to his demands. It slowly makes its way across the room, up the stairs, and- "Jackson, get over here!" his father shouts from a room down the hall before his footsteps quicken. As he gets closer, he remembers more about this incident. The closer he gets, the more he resists. He didn't want anything to do with that man. Jackson struggles harder and harder, whilst losing more and more control of his body. Slowly, Jackson loses control of everything aside from his neck and head. In a last ditch effort to stop himself, or at least the dream, Jackson smashes his head into the wall as hard as he can. Before his head hits the wall, however, he wakes.

"!" Jackson rises with a jolt. As usual, his nightmares somehow always find a way to catch him off guard and terrorize him. Just as he gets up, Bulbs notices him and speaks up. "Oh, I guess you're awake now. Thats cool." Bulbs stretches while getting up, clearly uncomfortable from sitting down for so long. "Aw man, I fell asleep? My bad, dude." Jackson says, embarrassed from his quick slumber the night prior. "Nah, no worries." Bulbs says before pointing to another part of his room where Clyde and Barbie were asleep. "They're out. Usually they're asleep before 10." he says while sighing. "No clue why they keep asking to come over to just to sleep all night, but I'm not complaining." Bulbs says. Jackson nods before getting up and stretching. "Oh, can you check the time for me real quick?" Bulbs asks while stretching. Jackson nods while giving an approving grunt, before pulling out his phone and checking the time. He winces. "Oh, I forgot about that." Bulbs looks over before realizing. "Ohh, right. Your phone's cracked." Bulbs states before walking over. "Lemme see it real quick." he asks while holding out his hand. Jackson obliges, and hands over his phone, being very gentle. Bulbs looks over it, turning in his hand to see the extent of the damage. "Hm. This doesn't look too bad." Bulbs says before handing it back to Jackson. "I know a place you can get that fixed." Bulbs says, scratching his chin. "For real? Where is it?" Jackson asks, his intrigue peaked by the response. If there was any time to try and get his phone fixed, that'd be any time before his mom realized. "I can take you there later if you want. It'd just have to be after I take these goobers home." Jackson nods. "Oh, that's cool. Yeah, I don't mind." He responds. "Awesome." Bulbs replies, holding up a thumbs up. Jackson nods before looking down. They both sit in silence for a bit before Bulbs speaks up. "It's still kinda early. and they don't usually wake up around now. Do you drink coffee?"