What to Choose (Lust x Killer)🔥🧸

Part 2 of 'Lusty Confessor'
breadthedead  Nebula933 and TheLonerWraiter have requested this, so, hope you enjoy it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My bones trembled with anxiety and uncertainty. I can't believe it.

Nightmare had said to not get attached. Had he known what was to come? No, no. He isn't a fortune teller, nor does he know the future. ... But he is an empath. That would explain why he'd warn me.

It still wasn't any help, nor helpful of what to do or act in this particular moment. Other than not to get attached.

So I guess that was my answer. To say no, to refuse to express the same feelings towards him. But, I wasn't sure about my feelings toward him. I was instructed to fake everything. To not be his friend or care about his personal problems he sometimes spilled through our conversations together. And right now I wasn't sure if I was acting or not.

I was at the biggest crossroads I've ever come across for the longest time, and I didn't know what path to choose. It was like my mind died on impact from a huge drop, completely stopping in its tracks. I was brain-dead.

"Killer?" My eyes snapped back into focus on the purple man in front of me. "Are you alright? ...It's okay if you don't feel the same way, we can forget about this and continue to just be friends."
He smiled sadly, trying to reassure me.

In a panic and an unclear mindset, I blurted out my next words. Not even realizing it could've been my chance to politely agree to his reassurance and explain my 'feelings' towards the unexpected matter.

"Wait, wait! ...I-uh, um, j-just give me a
w-while t-to figure this out. I-i mean, l-like y-you said, we only m-met a f-ew w-weeks ago. I still need t-time to think about my feelings towards you."

Lust looked back down at me, surprised by my words. He then smiled widely, I could practically feel the happiness radiating off him from not being fully rejected.

Out of instinct, I tried to smile back but it came out wobbled and conflicted. I could only hope that he didn't notice those details. I quickly gave up the act though.

The silence became awkward, at least for me; Lust was still ecstatic and clearly trying not to jump clear to the moon. I wanted to be happy for him or to give some sort of reassurance. But my mind was at a loss. Nothing was good about this for me. There was only confusion and. Fear?

Me and Lust were on opposite sides of the same coin.

I couldn't just betray Nightmare. Despite him being just a Deity of Negativity. None of my team could deny that he gave some comfort and security. Maybe even a small piece of family. He gave us a new beginning, I couldn't just throw that away.

I'm not sure if Lust could do it either. He was friends with the Stars and he definitely wasn't a murderer. He wouldn't be fit for my team. Lust isn't evil like me.

"So-o," I looked back at him. "Should we continue our night?"
He asked. I cursed mentally and quickly thought up something to say to get out of it.

"Y-you know actually, I just got a text from my boss saying that I need to go back. So I'll see you later!"

"B-but you didn't even check-,"