21. 𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒚𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕

______________________________________

CW

-- no swearing --

______________________________________

Ranboo takes a deep breath, apologising immediately while serving the pancakes. Tom suddenly bursts through the door, slip in his hand.

“Guys! Did you also get this-” he interrupts himself “y/n you good?”

A rueful smile spread on the girl’s face, nodding at the childlike adult that entered the room. Not long after Tom’s entrance, Niki followed soon after,

“Guys- Where are we going to move to? Assuming we want to stay in contact,” she asked.

Looks were shot around the room, “We all do… Right?” Ranboo looked distressed.

“No doubt we should! But we need to focus on packing up first, otherwise we’ll have too much on our plates,” Niki continued.

Niki and Tom sat by y/n and Ranboo, digging into the freshly warm pancakes. After the plate emptied, they both returned to their side of the dorm to get ready for the day.

“So are you still okay to do christmas?” Ranboo softly asks, not trying to seem pushy on the girl.

“Yeah of course! I wouldn’t want to make you guys miss out!”

“Awesome! Is there any specific thing you want to do?”

The room fell silent.

“Y/n?”

“Yeah, sorry,” y/n sniffled, “Can we visit the graveyard? Every Christmas I go there and give my Dad flowers”

He smiled, “Of course we can…” leaning into the girl to rub her back, “The man has to get his gift this year somehow,” Ranboo agreed.

Ranboo washed up the plates and cutlery as y/n scurried off to get ready, once she was ready he did the same,

“Yo y/n,” Tommy popped his head through.

“Hm?”

“Got any plans for christmas eve? I don’t think anyone else has anything planned”

“Well yeah, I was hoping to go out with Mr Boo over there to my Dad’s grave, I always get him flowers for Christmas”

“Mmmmm… I mean it’s better than laying around…”

“I’ll buy you lunch Thomas”

“I’m in!”

Y/n chuckled, hearing Tommy boast to Niki in the other room,

“Fine! I’ll come too,” she heard.

Time progresses as fast as y/n could comprehend, soon being surrounded by boxes in a strangely liminal looking living space. December 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd… Christmas was just around the corner.