03

Rory woke up at around dawn, heading over to the bathroom. The girl showered and wore a robe over her undergarments.

The girl walked into the guest room, a wide grin on her face as she saw MJ was still asleep.  Aurora jumped onto her roommate who screamed loudly. Aurora laughed loudly as MJ tackled her to the floor, Conrad walking in and seeing MJ and Aurora wrestling, but suddenly the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" Aurora shouts as she ran downstairs, opening the door. "Hi. Can I help you?" The girl questions, her hair all over the place. "Sandy Denati. I'm looking for Julia." The woman says, Aurora nodding. 

"Right. Yes, uh, for the open house. You know, Julia actually decided to cancel. Yeah, it's last-minute, but, um, she's having some second thoughts." Aurora says, feigning pity. "Sorry, who are you?" Sandy questions, suddenly Conrad had his arm around her waist. 

"She's my girlfriend, and she's, um, and she's right. The house is not for sale." Conrad says, his brow raised. "Conrad Fisher, right?" Sandy questions, the boy nodding. "It's nice to see you. I am sorry about your mom." Sandy says, Aurora rolling her eyes.

"Well, clearly not sorry enough to pass up the opportunity to sell her house." Aurora says. "I'm just doing my job." Sandy says, sending a look to the girl. "Well, consider this an unexpected day off." Conrad says, but Julia came over, protesting.

"Ignore them. Ignore them. There will be an open house today. But there does seem to be a minor problem with the AC. It died." Julia says, Rory smirking. "That is not a minor problem, Julia. It is supposed to hit 95 today." Sandy exclaims.

"Yeah. Okay, um, let's chat outside for a minute." Julia says, Aurora closing the door when she left. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you my girlfriend." Conrad says as Aurora turns around. "Don't worry about it." Aurora says softly, climbing up the stairs.

When MJ and Aurora got dressed, they began walking downstairs, and entering the kitchen. "Great. Now we don't have to lie about the black mold to the buyers. Let's go to the beach." Jeremiah says, MJ snorting making their presence known.

"I'm not leaving." Conrad says as he freezes up, Aurora grabbing his arm lightly. "Come on, Conrad." She says. "We've won this round. Let's just get out of here." Jeremiah says, everyone but Conrad making noises of agreement.

"The mall has good AC." Taylor says, MJ humming in agreement. "Cool. Have fun." Conrad says, Aurora sighing.

"I didn't ditch finals just to leave this house for the taking by..." Conrad pauses as Julia turns to them all. "Conrad, I'm trying... straining to keep my shit together. You've already ruined my day. The least you could do is get out of my hair for a few hours." Julia complains, Conrad glaring.

"You think you're the only one-" "What about the boardwalk?" Aurora says, putting a hand on Conrad's shoulder stopping him from saying anything to make things worse. "Yeah, the boardwalk." MJ says, not even knowing what it was.