02

"So this is why you haven't answered any of my phone calls and texts?" Jeremiah questioned. "Jere. Jere. Did you not hear what I just said? We're going to lose this house. Mom's house." Conrad says, Aurora looking down sadly as she reminisced on all the memories she had in this house, not knowing Belly was doing the same.

"Why would your dad sell this house?" Belly questioned, utterly confused. "He's not. Our Aunt Julia is." Conrad says. "Susannah's sister?" Belly questioned, hoping that Conrad would look at her, but he didn't. 

"Half sister. Apparently, the house belonged to the both of them. And then when Mom...Now Aunt Julia owns the whole thing, so..." Conrad says, pausing during certain moments to not bring down the mood anymore than it already has.

"Okay, we'll just call Dad and figure something out. That's it." Jeremiah says, Aurora sighing already knowing what was coming next. "You think I haven't already done that? He says legally the house is hers." Conrad says.

"Okay, then he'll buy it." Jeremiah exclaims. "He doesn't have the money to buy it. Between Brown and the medical bills and the-" "Yeah, I know how much the medical bills cost because I was there." Jeremiah says, the air going cold.

"How long did you know about this and not tell me?" Jeremiah questions, Conrad looking down. "Jere, this was all happening so fast. I was going to tell you after I'd taken care of it." Conrad says.

"And this is you taking care of it? Going AWOL, ditching school, not talking to us." "Fuck school! I don't care!" Conrad exclaims. "Connie, you have to go back or you'll fail your class." Aurora says softly, Conrad's heart stopping. That was the first time in almost 2 years that she called him Connie.

"How are you going to become a doctor if you fail out of college, Conrad?" Belly questions, but Conrad was looking at the other girl. "You have no idea what you're talking about." Conrad says simply. "Seriously? We went to Brown to check on your ass. You know what? I didn't think you'd pull this shit again. But you don't give a shit about anyone but yourself." Jeremiah says, rushing away, the younger girl following.

Aurora stood behind Conrad as he ran a hand down his face. "Sorry if me being here is weird." Aurora says softly, Conrad turning to look at her, his eyes fixated on her. "Rory." Conrad says softly as he steps closer to her, but the girl stepped back, her eyes looking at the floor.

"I- I missed you." Conrad says as he tries to get her to look at him. Aurora turned to the painting on the wall, not truly looking at him. "Please look at me." Conrad pleads, the girl finally looking at him.

She changed, she no longer used colorful clips to hold her hair back, she had bangs that MJ cut for her on an impulse, but most importantly that glow that was in her eyes was now gone.

That night, Aurora ran a hand through her hair as she walked outside. She held the keys for the jeep in her hand as she opened the back, grabbing one of her boxes. Locking the jeep, she walked back into the house.