24 - head lice

age: 8
mom: natasha
dad:

-

NATASHA'S POV
A little while ago, i got a letter home from my daughters school which informed me about head lice going around, some child had it and it just started spreading.

For the past week Y/n's head has been fine and clear, but the past day or two i've noticed that she's been scratching at her head a little bit more and that is not a good sign.

Whilst Y/n stayed at home today, because i didn't want her going to school and spreading more around, i ran out to the store to grab what i needed to get for her, i decided i was going to do the lice treatment.

When i got back to the compound, Y/n was sitting at the kitchen island with someone's shower cap over her head, making me confused.

"Why is my daughter sat with a shower cap on?" I ask making my appearance clear, Wanda turns around quickly and by the look on her face i can tell it was her idea.

"Natasha, you said you didn't want them to spread, so, they can't" She smiles and points her hand in the direction where my daughter is eating her cereal.

"Right, whatever. I've got this so we're going to do it" I say lifting Y/n off of the chair and taking her upstairs, she follows me without question to my bedroom, she jumps onto my chair and watches as i place the bag on the bed.

"Mama, is this gonna take long?" Y/n asks looking up at me, i shrug my shoulders as i'm getting everything ready, the conditioner and the comb.

"A long time, where's your ipad sweetheart? I ask her, she's gonna be bored sitting for a an hour or so, so she best be kept entertained because she will drive me insane without it.

"Under you pillow mama" Y/n says turning around and pointing to my bed, i go over and lift my pillows, taking her ipad and handing it to her, she thanks me and opens one of her hairstylist games and starts to play that.

I start with taking her hair out the ponytail i put it in, i brush through her hair with a regular brush first to make sure all the knots and tangles were out before applying some conditioner straight onto her roots.

"Mama, do i have lice?" Y/n asks me, looking at me through the mirror that sits in front of her.

"I don't think so baby, but this is just to make sure" I say smiling at her, she smiles back, her little dimples appearing on the side of her face, i tilt my head and smile more at her beauty which makes her shy away and look back down at her device.

Once i've applied conditioner into Y/n's hair, i section it off, leaving the bottom bit down and clipping the middle and top part of her hair at the top.

I use the lice comb i bought to brush through her hair, making sure to start from her scalp, she hissed slightly as i do it, i check the comb and see, a lot of conditioner and some little white eggs.

Using the tissue beside me, i wipe the comb and go again on the same piece i just brushed through, wiping it again and repeating it through the bottom of her hair.

"That's good, you haven't got any lice, just little eggs" I say looking at Y/n who looks up at me in the mirror and smiles, i continue to do the process through the rest of her hair and make sure that every bit at the bottom is egg free.

"Okay, first section done. How long did that take honey? 20 minutes?" I say with a slight sigh as that would be the part of her hair that would take the shorter amount of time.

"Toilet please" Y/n says quickly placing her iPad down and running off, i sigh slightly and take the tissue and place it in the bin, grabbing some more from the bathroom and then placing it down, sitting on the bed and waiting for Y/n to come back.

I move onto doing the middle section of my daughters hair which may possibly take the longest and i could definitely tell that Y/n was getting bored now, she had her knees up to her chest and she was looking at me through the mirror.

"Mommy this is boring, i want to stop" Y/n whines pulling her head forward, i jump and pull her head back as i was mid brushing through, she let out a grunt and moves again.

"Sit still" I say sternly holding her shoulder in place but she whines and tries to move again but i pull her back, now both of us are getting wound up and it's not going to end well if she keeps moving.

"Please, for the love of god sit still Y/n" I say holding her down again as i comb through another section of her hair, wiping the comb on the tissue and going again.

"No mommy this is boring" Y/n shouts and stands up, running out of the room, i groan throwing the comb down and running after her, grabbing her arm before she can run into the kitchen.

"Stop that right now, i haven't gotten everything out of your hair Y/n, you have your iPad to keep you entertained" I say and lift Y/n over my shoulder, carrying her back into my bedroom.

"It's dead!!" Y/n sobs as i place her back down on the chair, i grab my phone from my bed and hand it to her, she snatches it front me and wiped her tears as she unlocks it and plays on it.

When i got to the top of Y/n's head, she'd fallen asleep, she head resting on her knees, it was only four in the afternoon but a little nap wouldn't hurt her i guess, i took my time at the top of her head, making sure to remove everything.

By the time i finished, and i made sure there was absolutely no white eggs left in my daughters hair, i woke her up gently, i had to now wash her hair, she didn't like the idea and hard a few tears but followed me to the bathroom.

She knelt down by the bath and i stood over her, her tiny body between my legs with her head over the bath, i took the shower head down and grabbed the shampoo and conditioner again, wetting her hair first.

After i finished washing Y/n's hair, she ran straight out of my bedroom and to her own room. I sighed and cleared everything away, throwing away the comb and all the tissues i had and then went to Y/n's room.

"Are you tired baby?" I asked gently crouching down beside her bed where she was laying, she nodded her head and opened her eyes, looking at me sadly.

"Do you wanna sleep here or come downstairs and cuddle with mommy?" I ask with a smirk knowing that she'd choose to come downstairs with her, she did just that and reached her arms out for me to take, i lifted her into my arms and carried her downstairs, so we could have a little snuggle together.

-