17 - daddy issues

age: 13
mom: scarlett
dad: romain

-

SCARLETT'S POV
Ever since Y/n, my daughter, was about seven years old, my husband, Romain, flipped, it was like someone switched a switch inside of him, he just became a whole new man, a man i didn't like.

The way he lashed out on Y/n broke my heart, i've always wanted to get rid of him but i've loved him for so long it's hard, if we split that means we'd probably have to share custody of Y/n and that would mean leaving her on her own with her father.

I'd rather dig my own grave and rest myself that leave my daughter with my husband on her own, i seriously don't like the idea of it, he's never been physical with her, but it's his words and how he reacts.

If he ever dared touch my daughter, i'd split with him in an instant and make sure he has no custody over her.

"Good morning baby" I smile sitting down on my daughters bed, as soon as i opened her door, she woke up, her head turned to face away from me, clearly wanting to get back to sleep.

"Come on honey, up we get" I say pulling the duvet down and patting her bottom and standing up, placing her clothes on her bed, earning a kick to the mattress causing them to fall off.

"10 minutes then downstairs" I say before walking out of her bedroom, before i reach the top of the stairs, i hear her door slam which makes me smile, i love being a mom that gets her all agitated, i find it quite fun.

I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen where Romain is standing, buttering his own toast, he doesn't even turn around when i enter, it makes me quite sad, he used to love me but, times have changed.

"Why's she slamming the door?" Romain asks me, opening the fridge beside me and placing the butter back inside.

"Because she's a teenager and it's 20 to 7 in the morning" I roll my eyes, he's so sensitive over the things that Y/n does sometimes and can't let her do anything without screaming at her.

"She shouldn't be slamming the doors" He shakes his head and goes back over to his toast.

"Give her a break, it isn't the end of the world" I sigh and place Y/n's breakfast on the table.

"Can she also not make her own food? What is she 5 years old Scarlett?" Romain complains as he watches me place a glass of apple juice next to the plate of toast.

"Oh my god. Quit it now" I say, already fed up of his comments and i haven't even been in the same room with him for 20 minutes.

Romain rolls his eyes and sips his coffee, a few moments later, feet pattering down the stairs fills the silence and my daughter comes running into the room, with a surprising smile on her face.

"Hi momma" She squeals jumping into my embrace and hanging from me like a monkey, i chuckle and place her down on the floor before correctly lifting her into my arms.

"Hi dad" She smiles looking over my shoulder, he gives her an eyebrows raise before looking back at his phone, she places her head on my shoulder and i walk her over to the table.

"Momma why did you make me get up at 6:40 on a Saturday?" My daughter suddenly asks me, my head snaps up and i look over at her confused.

"Saturday? Baby it's Friday" I chuckle, her faces morphs into a confused look as she shakes her head.

"It's Saturday Momma" She says looking at me as if i was crazy, i turn around quickly and pick up my phone, checking the date and she was correct, it was Saturday.

"Oh my, i'm so sorry sweetheart" I say running my hands down my face and placing my phone down, i hear Romain sigh heavily beside me.

"What are you sighing at" I snap looking at him, as per usual he ignores me and walks out of the kitchen, leaving me with my head in my hands, feeling awful about waking Y/n up because i know how much she loves sleeping.

"Momma it's okay, i just means i get to spend more time with you" Y/n appears beside me with a smile on her face, i look down and place my hand on her cheek, kissing her forehead and booping her nose.

I smile and bend down giving her a hug that i needed myself and thankfully Y/n wrapped her arms around me as tight as she could.

"Can you go brush your teeth please" Romain said to Y/n as he came back into the kitchen.

"I'm eating my breakfast first" She said and went back over to her food and sat in front of it, looking over at him.

"Go and brush your fucking teeth" He said, more sternly this time and pointed his arm over to the door, but Y/n shook her head and bit into her toast.

"I'm eating dad!" She said back to him, his glare hardens on her and i watched as her face changed slightly.

"Leave her alone, let her eat then she'll brush her teeth like she does every morning" I say defending my daughter, my husband rolls his eyes and wanders off.

I go over to my daughter and place my hand on her shoulder, giving it a small rub, she leans her head on me whilst finishing the last bit of her toast.

"I wish i had a different dad" My daughter mumbles, and that was the one thing i always wished would never come out of my daughters mouth, ever, it felt horrible to hear it.

"I know honey, i know" That's all i can say because there isn't anyway that i can defend Romain in this situation, he's been horrible to her for years now and it's starting to hit on her.

"What do you think would help?" I ask leaning my arms on the table beside her and leaning over looking at her, she thinks for a moment before sadly looking at me.

"Sometimes i think it would be better if you and dad got a divorce, but i don't want to be selfish, but i can also tell you two don't really love each other" She shrugs and i feel awful again.

Quickly, i reach out to hug my daughter before she can see the tear slip from my eye, she grabs onto my arm and lays her head on my shoulder.

"It isn't selfish and i know it's hard Y/n, i feel awful for you, we should've had this conversation ages ago, because i've wanted to divorce but i thought about you and everything but if that's what you want then i'd more than happily divorce him to make you happy" I say to her, rubbing my hand up and down her hair.

"I guess it would" She shrugs again, i nod my head and hold her tightly.

"I'll see what i can do baby girl" I say running my fingers through her hair, she nods her head and takes another bite from her toast and then lays her head on my shoulder again.

No child should ever want their parents to divorce because their father (or mother) treats them horrible and what's even worse is that Y/n can clearly see that me and Romain don't love each other the same, she shouldn't be able to see that, but clearly it's that clear, i'm going to make her happy again, even if that means divorce.

-

Sometimes i wish my parents would divorce, it sounds bad but i hate living in the same house as both of them, they just can't be together for longer than 10 minutes without something happening