Best Friend's Brother? Just Give Me The Gun Now. Chapter 27

My smile faltered as we neared the school gates, this was the hard bit. As much as I didn’t mind what people thought, having the most popular girl in school hate you can cause some minor set backs.

“Alex wait.” I muttered, pulling back on his hand slightly.

“What?”

“Maybe we should keep the whole hand holding for outside of school. I really don’t want to be beaten up before we get to go on our date.” I told him, watching his face as the realisation kicked in.

“True, plus I don’t really want you to get hurt full stop. But I’ll English anyway right?” He asked, his face lighting up again.

“Yeah you’ll see me in English, remember to save me a seat if you get there before me.” I said, watching as he started to walk away from me.

“Always!” He called back, making his way into the school grounds. I waited, watching as he looked back towards me. Feeling the butterflies stir I groaned.

“I’m getting myself into some serious trouble, in more ways than one.”

I placed my bag a little further onto my shoulder, making my way into school not ready for the day ahead of me.

-

Opening my locker, I stuffed my bag inside only taking out the things I would need for my first two lessons. So far I’d managed to keep clear from Cheryl and her posse, how long that would last is a different thing. The first bell rang out and I made my way to my Science class, trying to ignore some of the looks I was getting from a few people.

Sitting in the back of the Science room, I let my mind wander always keeping my eyes on the door. I knew for a fact some of Cheryl’s buddies were in this class. I was surprised when Sophie walked through the door; smiling when she saw me she made her way to me and took the seat on my left.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, giving her a quick hug.

“Well our teachers off sick or something we’ve all been told to come in here! Brilliant right? We can actually talk just the two of us!”

“Very true! We haven’t actually spoken in ages, what’s been going on with Cameron and you?”

“Not a lot really we’ve just been hanging out, more to the point is what is going on with Alex and you?!” She asked, poking me in the ribs slightly.

“Well he’s been meeting me the past few mornings, we hung out last night after school and this morning he told me he wanted to take me on a date.”

Sophie’s jaw dropped; looking at her worriedly I stayed quiet.

“You’re dating my brother?” She whispered, grabbing my arm slightly.

“Kind of, not really it’s only going to be one date…” I started, before being cut off.

“You hated my brother, Alex hated you… I’m confused to how we got to this point right here.”

“Join the club Soph, when you figure it out please let me know.” I told her, watching a smile play on her features.

“Don’t worry El, I’m sure we’ll figure this out. You’re my best friend after all.”

Before I could respond the Science teacher walked through the door, silencing the conversations that were taking place. A smile broke through my features, Sophie was right I still had my friends. As long as I had them I would be okay, everything would work out.