i l l u s o r y : 17

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED COPYRIGHTED 2015

I L L U S O R Y : 17

Images appear in my mind when I pull the antique leather bible out of my light weight jacket. Images of an older woman in nun clothes standing in front of people being possessed by demons, her strong bright blue eyes showing no fear as she says different scriptures and for the demons to go back to hell. It isn't until she shows that she's not afraid, that she has more power over the demons that they feel the light of God burn them back into the underground for them to be in the company of the damned and the fallen angel named Lucifer.

"I have had enough of you," I start saying before I reveal the bible in front of him. His eyes crinkle at the image of the bible that sent his brothers and sisters back to lake of fire and sin. He takes a step backwards when I reveal the other tools that Wilma had used. "It's time for you to go home."

In the background I see Bridger start heading into the waters again, but I'm determined not to see him sink within the waters. As long as I have the help from God, and from Wilma's spirit standing next to me I know that I will finish this battle and I will come out on top.

"Oh, but I don't think I will. You see, I've grown too attached to the above," my demon tells me as I walk with a stride that resembles the one that Wilma had when she stood within the church and spoke with the strength and faith that would send a demon screeching in anger and pain before being driven down into the ground.

I ignore him and pull out my Holy Water before making my way towards Bridger. In the background my demon starts screeching, enough that even being in the presence of Holy Water is enough for him to want to slither away from me like the snake he is.

The water is cold around me when I walk into the waters, feeling the protection of Wilma around me, the warmth and light of God and when I reach Bridger I sprinkle Holy Water upon his skin and within seconds I see the blackness of the claws from my demon begin to burn away. His grip on Bridger has been killed away. Bridger falls into the waters and I hold onto him before pulling him out of the lake and sitting him on the shore once more, he's unconscious.

"You're not strong enough to defeat me," my demon tells me as he begins to cast out smoke in front of him, as though to blind me from seeing his figure. The winds around me howl and the sound of lightening and thundering around me reassures me that he's not going to go down without a fight. The waters around us ripple rapidly and I merely start making my way towards him again.

"I might not being strong enough to defeat you alone," I start as I turn and see the spirit of Wilma beside me. She walks with her eyes cool like ice, and her black nun clothing smooth like velvet as her silver cross jingles a little against her chest. She turns her head towards me, her older features showing nothing more than patience.

"I'm not alone though," I continue and feel the hand of Wilma touching the back of my shoulder blades, continuing our pace as he continues taking steps backwards, to gather more hatred towards me and stubbornness to not be cast back into hell. "I am always within the presence of God, I have the same blood flowing through me as my great aunt, Sister Wilma, who was an exorcist. I have the same faith, the same determination as her."

My bible that is in my hands flips open and starts flickering the yellow and aged pages to the page that has the scripture I need to send the demon to hell: Ephesians 6:10 -18. "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic power over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places"-