**Chapter 2 - Tensions Rise:**

Fear and suspicion grew among the group as they tried to make sense of the evidence they had found. Jackson suggested they contact the authorities immediately, believing it was the safest course of action. Mark, however, was determined to handle the situation themselves, insisting that they could uncover the truth. Isabella found herself caught in the middle, torn between the two.

As the hours passed, and the darkness outside thickened, their arguments escalated. Jackson's logic and concern for their safety clashed with Mark's desire for adventure and self-assurance. Isabella struggled to mediate, her unease apparent.

Meanwhile, Fred, who had been more familiar with the woods than he had let on, started to panic. He'd seen things in those woods that he wasn't ready to discuss. His nervous glances and fidgeting betrayed a dark secret, and the group sensed it.

The cabin's atmosphere grew increasingly tense, and whispers of regret filled the air. The cold wind outside seemed to seep into their very bones, intensifying their unease. Mark's stubbornness, Jackson's frustration, Isabella's indecision, and Fred's silent guilt were a volatile mix.

Suddenly, the outside world intruded in the most horrifying way. A sharp thud reverberated through the cabin as something heavy hit the roof. The group froze, their breaths caught in their throats. The sound was followed by an eerie silence that pressed upon them like a heavy weight.

The seconds stretched into minutes, and then they heard it—a scraping sound on the cabin's walls. Panic surged once again as realization dawned upon them. They were no longer alone. The serial killer was outside, and he had found them.

The group rushed to barricade the cabin. Their previous arguments and suspicions were replaced by a shared terror that gripped them like a vise. They pushed furniture against the doors and windows, their hands trembling as they did their best to fortify their only refuge.

In the dimly lit cabin, the flickering flames of the fireplace danced wildly as fear painted their faces. The group's vulnerability in the face of the unknown became evident, and they began to piece together a horrifying revelation. The evidence they found earlier wasn't just a collection of stories; it was the grotesque history of a serial killer who had been lurking in the woods for years.

As the chilling night wore on, the group could hear the unnerving sound of footsteps circling the cabin. The killer was toying with them, and they realized they had unwittingly entered a deadly game. Their worst fears were no longer confined to their imagination—they were outside the cabin, lurking in the darkness.

With every passing moment, their dread deepened, and the group huddled together, their hearts racing, as they prepared to face the terrifying unknown that lurked just beyond the cabin walls.