**Chapter 1 - The Cabin in the Woods:**

The moonlight cast an eerie glow over the secluded cabin nestled deep in the woods. Mark, Isabella, Jackson, and Fred had come here for a weekend getaway, seeking solace from the chaos of the city. The cabin's rustic charm had been inviting until they stumbled upon the unsettling evidence that they were not alone.

As they settled in for the evening, Mark, the self-proclaimed leader of the group, went to fetch more firewood. Isabella, with her sharp intuition, noticed an inconspicuous clue on a dusty shelf. A collection of newspaper clippings detailed gruesome murders in the area, all unsolved, and marked with a red X.

Jackson, the voice of reason, suggested they contact the authorities immediately. But Mark, ever the adventurous spirit, argued they should investigate further. Isabella, caught between the two, attempted to mediate the growing tension within the group.

Fred, who had been eerily quiet and withdrawn, seemed to have an intimate knowledge of the surrounding woods, which he failed to disclose. As the chilling night set in, Fred's nerves unraveled, and his unease infected the group like a contagion.

Suddenly, a blood-curdling scream shattered the silence. Panic surged through the group as they heard the unmistakable sound of a twig snapping outside. The group rushed to barricade the cabin, hastily pushing furniture against the doors and windows.

In the dimly lit cabin, fear painted their faces, and they began to piece together a horrifying revelation. The evidence they found earlier wasn't just a collection of stories; it was the grotesque history of a serial killer who had been lurking in the woods for years.

As the chilling night wore on, the group could hear the unnerving sound of footsteps circling the cabin. They realized they had unwittingly entered a deadly game, and they had no choice but to confront their worst fears.

The group huddled together, their hearts racing, as they prepared to face the terrifying unknown that lurked just beyond the cabin walls.