➤ the man in the straw hat

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 blue sky began to die down as it was now nightfall. The boat sailed through the waters while Nami desperately tried to open the safe. Asa was staring at the endless deep blue ocean, Zoro was sleeping in the only room on the small boat, and Luffy was...well, being Luffy.

"Can you not do...that?" Nami looked up at Luffy, hanging upside down on the sail's pole.

"Sorry." Luffy apologized. "It's hard to sit still." He flipped off the pole and landed on the floor, picking up his fallen hat.

Luffy plopped down by Asa and stared at his beautiful features, from his flowing blonde hair to his flawless, smooth face. Asa noticed his gaze but said nothing simply because he had nothing to say.

"I feeling so...so piratey." Luffy jumped up once again once he finished openly checking out Asa.

"Yeah? Well, you're gonna end up feeling watery if I have to throw you overboard." Nami glares at him(Asa quickly learns to get used to the girl's glaring). "I told you I need absolute silence."

"I know. I know. Absolute silence." Luffy was now standing on the side of the boat and carefully walked towards the bow of the small ship to lay on. "It's just that this is my first real pirate score. Can you believe that?" He turned to Nami and Asa with a smile.

"Yeah, I can because you told me right after you asked me, yet again, to join your crew."

"We do make a pretty good team." Luffy slid down the bow and made his way behind Nami. "Wouldn't you agree, Asa?"

"Yup."

Asa diverted his eyes to them, curious about what would soon happen. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared intently at them with dark chocolate brown eyes.

There, he saw Luffy rest his head comfortably on Nami's neck as she continued to try to crack the safe. Asa knew Nami would not allow this in any way, shape, or form.

"Is it open yet?" Luffy innocently asked.

"No," Nami started quietly, but her voice grew louder with each word she spoke. "And can you please give me some quiet and some space?" She angrily knocked the straw hat on his head.

Luffy gasped and ran after the hat that was almost lost. When he successfully retrieved it, he turned back to Nami with a dangerous glare, taking them both by surprise.

"Hey. Not cool. Don't mess with my hat."

"Why do you care so much about that old thing anyway? It looks like you fished it out of the trash."

"Would it kill you to be nice for once, Nami?" Asa rolled his eyes at the orange-haired female.

"Yes." She replied. "Yes, it would. And anyway, it's not like I'm being mean."

"Nami, that's exactly what you're doing." Asa facepalmed.

"It's called being real." Nami counter-attacked back with her words.

"Ever heard the saying if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all?" Asa walked up to her. Nami glared, not having anything to say at this.

"Will you all knock it off?" Zoro said from the room. "I'm trying to take a nap."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were we interrupting your beauty sleep?" Nami sarcastically responded.

"Don't like what you see? Look away." His raspy voice sounded throughout the boat.

"I, for one, very much like what I see," Asa called out to him with a grin.