1

The restaurant was dimly lit, a peaceful ambiance away from the usual noisy environment which they usually exist in

The restaurant was dimly lit, a peaceful ambiance away from the usual noisy environment which they usually exist in. The cool August breeze indicating the arrival of the shower from the clouds above. The smell of the roses that were kept in the roses was intoxicating and yet there were two people who were in a rush to complete this dinner and get back home.

"Eat slowly, Mridula! I know how much you dread being here and trust me mutual feelings, but I think other people around here wouldn't know about it. The cheap looks that they keep giving me, is EMBARRASSING",Sharan whisper yelled.

"Are we talking about embarrassing Mr. Sharan? Are we talking about it? Would you like me to remind you the amount of embarrassing moments I had to spend throughout our wedding and post wedding, Oh sorry that doesn't come into count right? My bad I forgot just like I forget how we are related",she spoke glaring at him while he sighed.

"Not again, Mridula! A thousand times we have had the same argument. Why can't we be civil to each other?",he asked.

"You do expect me to sit here listening to you and your family judging me and my lifestyle silently? You got it wrong, Mister. I am not one of those who would sit silent when people like you say things like this",she said and focused on eating again not caring about him.

"You know what- Forget it",he said and quickly completed his dinner. Just then, his phone started to ring and he looked at the phone for a moment it was a call from an important client and he had to take it.

"Excuse me",he said to no one in particular and moved from the table.

As soon as he left from there, Mridula continued to have her meal.

"Hello pretty lady, seems like your man left you alone. So sad, how stupid of him to leave such a beauty alone? Would you like to join me instead for the dinner",the man asked with a creepy big smile on his face.

"I'm pretty sure there's someone a lot stupider who would enjoy doing that instead",she said with a tight smile on her face.

Her gaze fell on the person who was there right in front of her.