Chapter ✩~5

"Still nothing from her?" The swordsman asked Nami who walked out of the cottage that she had exited already a bunch of times this noon.

"No, still working in her study," Nami sighed, taking a seat on the porch in front of the front door.

The ginger and the rest of the crew were all feeling restless. There wasn't anything else they could do for their captain when all the rest laid in the hands of this peculiar witch they didn't know that well at all. So they just had to wait patiently, hope, and pray for the best. Also, it was better to forget the words of the villagers on an occasion like this even if they seemed very insistent with them. The crew just had to hope for the best and trust to some degree the witch's abilities to fix this.

Sanji kept himself busy in the spellcaster's garden, fixing after their captain's visible tracks there and taking care of her plants and vegetables by watering them and uprooting the persistent weeds. Usopp was tinkering at the safe woodline along with pampering the big spider that had stayed with him this whole time, the hairy creature relaxing on his shoulder. The cattish demon of the witch also stayed near him, taking him for his victim for the time being and jabbering some disturbing things to the dark-skinned male, scaring him at times.

Nami stayed restless not being able to stay waiting too long, so she kept changing between standing uneasily outside the cottage or sitting inside at Luffy's side while she waited for the witch to finally exit her study all ready to cure their captain. Zoro's facade was calm, he spent the time sitting on the porch in the shady corner where the sun didn't grill him too much while he rested arms crossed behind his head. Truly he was feeling a bit agitated because there was really nothing he could do to get the situation process at a quicker or more promising pace. Well, he could go grunt to the witch to hurry up, but he knew that wouldn't help with anything. So he sat back quietly, just inquiring from Nami every now and then if there was anything new.

"There is no point getting so unnerved," Sanji muttered to the swordsman, from the gardening grounds next to the house. He wasn't even looking at the mint-haired male whose brow started twitching from annoyance to a bold assumption like that.

"Huh, what you say, shitty cook?!" Zoro rasped, turning his head to glare at the blonde who was calmly watering the plants. 

"What was it, stupid marimo?" Sanji mockingly heaved, glancing back at the mosshead, seeing the veins popping onto the swordsman's forehead.

"Don't even start with that?!" Nami scoffed, standing next to the swordsman she chose to punch on his head, releasing with her hard fist some of her own frustrations. The two men's heated eye contact broke before they would have been at each other's throats, bringing havoc that would annoy her greatly and possibly disturb the witch's work. "I know we are all tense here, but guys calm down!"

"Yeah, take it easy guys," Usopp called from the woodline, doing his best work to stay calm and keeping himself busy with other stuff while he waited. The demon eyed all of them curiously next to Usopp, lying relaxed and enjoying the sun, hopefully not planning to make the havoc that he didn't witness start, to fire up again now that (Y/n) wasn't here keeping watch on him.

~

You were really troubled and stressed in your alchemy room. You had even slid the sliding door to the room you never closed shut, leaving yourself in your own deadly silent peace. You had mixed all the ingredients together in the pot the way the potion should have been done already, but the liquid in your pot stayed crimson red while it was supposed to turn light blue once done. You tried skimming through your books in search of what you have done wrong or haven't added, but you found nothing indicating that you have done something wrong. You had still more mushrooms and flowers to use for another try, but you didn't want to go there and waste rare ingredients.