Chapter Five

Gʅყƈҽɾιɳҽ

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Xynaa watched as Astarion ran his fingers through his disheveled hair, chuckling lightly.

"Well, I guess there is no point of hiding it anymore,"
"Hiding what? That you're some cult leader or something?" She asked him. Astarion could tell she was trying to see his neck again.

Astarion's eyebrows rose. "A cult leader?"

The man began to laugh. Xynaa stared at him angrily.

"No, darling. I am no leader. If only I was, I wouldn't be in this current situation." He muttered.

"I'm not moving from this spot until you tell me." She informed him. She was angry and impatient, waiting for him to finally give in.

"What will it take?" She asked. "You are the one who wanted to know me better. It's a mutual effort."

"Yes, but only for someone who is actually interested in the one, not interested in the bite mark on their neck."

She raised her hand to hit him, but Astarion quickly caught her wrist in his hand. The man stared at her for a moment, watching as she gritted her teeth.

"How dare you." She snapped, trying to yank away. "If you haven't noticed, you are not a very easy book to read."

"Oh, the contrary. I can be the easiest you've ever read. But it just depends on how the reader is reading it. . ."

Xynaa's face reddened. "Would it even matter what I think?"

"Let me tell you what I think," Astarion said, taking a step forward. "I think with everything you have received from me, it's leaving you wanting more."

Xynaa's jaw clenched as the man moved closer, towering over her. "I believe you know it to be the same for me. I've purposely come around, wanting more of you. And every time I'm around you, I inch just a tad closer for more of you. It's a burning sensation in your chest and a tingling response in the pit of your stomach, isn't it?"

Xynaa remained still as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Tell me, love, am I wrong?"

Her heart pounded in her chest at the contact they made. Taking a deep breath, she spoke.

"No, you're not." She muttered. "But I don't know you."

"Is that what you want?" He asked, his breath fanned her lips. "To know me?"

"If you would open yourself to me." She responded.

Astarion smiled. "No problem, love. But I promise you, you may regret this."

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Astarion sat in the chair, his eyes closed as he waited in silence. The room was warm, but as Xynaa moved away, it was cold again. It left him with a frown as her heat disappeared from him, leaving in in the cold like he always had been in.

But then he felt her fingers against his skin, tracing over each puncture wound in his neck. The feel of her skin against his would have been heavenly to enjoy, but the idea of pushing things too far and too early was at risk.