Epilogue

**This has not been edited or proofread.**

Seraphina

Three and a half years later, Theo had officially wormed his way into my heart and my soul. Just as he had promised, I was it for him. He never messed around with anyone else, and every spare moment he had, he spent it with me. I even became really good friends with Drew who, might I add, still messed around a year after graduation as much as he did when we were in school.

Theo and I now lived together in a small, one-bedroom apartment. We wanted something bigger, potentially own our own house, so we were saving everywhere we could.

But today, I was taking charge for once. He had taken charge of everything else in our relationship. So today, I was going to be extremely brave, suck up my nerves, and ask Theo to marry me. We'd talked about our future together, what we wanted, where we wanted to end up, etc.

We truly couldn't be more compatible. Did that mean we didn't argue? No. We argued like cats and dogs since our personalities were so different, but half the time, I think Theo purposely riled me up just so we could make up.

My cheeks flushed at those memories.

"Hey, Miss Williams!" one of the football players called out. I couldn't tell who he was behind his helmet. These boys were headed towards playoffs on Friday. Theo had really done an incredible job with them. The school was absolutely ecstatic to have Theo on board as not only the gym coach, but also one of the football coaches.

I waved at the kid, heading straight for Theo's office. He was walking out as I walked up to it. His glasses were gone, his contacts in place. He hated wearing contacts, but he didn't want to risk them breaking while in gym or outside on the field.

I preferred him with his glasses, too.

A grin spread over his lips, and not caring about his teenage audience, he wrapped an arm around my waist and laced his fingers in my hair before placing a hot, steamy kiss to my lips that was certainly not school appropriate.

"Theo," I hissed when he released me. My cheeks were on fire, and his grin widened at the sight, his pearly whites flashing at me. "We have an audience."

He shrugged. "Don't particularly care, gorgeous. What's up?"

"Can we talk for a minute?"

He frowned. "Let me get them going with drills first."

I nodded and followed him and his team out the door and down to the football field. I watched as he instructed them on what to do. Finally, he walked back over to me, nodding once at the other coach to take over for a few minutes.

"What is it, gorgeous?"

The concern in his eyes melted away my nerves and assured me that I wasn't making a mistake. Theo loved me, and I knew he wanted to spend the rest of my life with me. He was just trying to take his time. He knew how cautious I was.

I pulled a simple band from my pocket and held it out to him, my eyes nervously flitting over his face. "I, um, I'm not good at this." His eyes stayed steady on me all while his hands wrapped around my trembling one that was holding the ring. "Will you, um, marry me?"

With one hand still surrounding my shaking one, he raised his other hand and cupped my cheek. "Gorgeous, I'll do anything you ask me. Yes, I'll marry you." He brushed his lips with mine, thankfully not making a big deal out of this. "I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Tears welled in my eyes. "So, yes."

With that, he kissed me again this time with a bit more passion behind it. Then, he grabbed the ring from me and placed it on his finger. He brushed his lips to my forehead. "Proud of you." He kissed my cheek next. "I'll put your ring on your finger when we get home." He kissed my lips. "Wait for me?"

I smiled up at him, my nerves now completely gone. "Always, Theo."

He grinned, kissed me one more time, and then jogged out onto the field.