Chapter Two

**This has not been edited or proofread.**

Theo

There's something about a spunky girl like Seraphina that just calls to my soul. I hadn't been lying to her when I said I was no longer screwing around. I was tired of the endless one-night stands and nameless girls. I wanted something real.

And everything within me was telling me that real girl was Seraphina.

Her eyes were so expressive. I could tell she was nervous when she was speaking to me in class. She kept pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose when they were already sitting perfectly. It was a nervous tick she had. It was one I used to have as well back in middle school, but I quickly grew out of that when everyone began to notice.

And how do I know you're not playing some twisted game, Theo?

God, I wished I could hear my name from her lips. I imagined it would sound sweet and set my soul on fire.

Man, I was in deep already, and all I really knew about her was her freaking name. Did things always happen this fast?

Let me prove it to you. We'll have our first meeting for our project tomorrow afternoon. What time do your classes end?

I was dying to spend time with her outside of class. I wanted to know how she liked her coffee, if she even drank coffee. I wanted to know her favorite foods and her favorite spots on campus to just chill and relax.

I wanted to know everything there was to know about this girl right down to the basics of her favorite freaking color.

"Yo, Theo!" Drew called when he stepped into our dorm room.

"I'm literally sitting right here," I deadpanned, turning my head to look at him. He shut the door behind him and then plopped down on my desk chair. "Surprised you're back already."

He'd had a date when some girl he'd been chasing for days now. Normally, he was gone part of the night so he could get laid, and then he escaped before the morning came.

It was the exact same thing I used to do as well.

He shrugged. "Eh. She was pretty boring. No spark, and I at least need some kind of interest there, you know what I mean?"

I nodded, looking down at my phone when it vibrated again.

My only class starts at ten and ends at twelve.

I quickly typed out a response. "You texting someone? Thought your hump and dump days were over."

I shot him a scowl. "Did you really just say hump and dump?"

He just grinned. I scoffed, shaking my head.

How does 3 sound? In front of the library? I'll bring coffee and snacks. What's your order, gorgeous?

"Okay, who is she?" Drew demanded to know. I lifted my head, looking at him again. "Bro, I just asked you three times if you wanted to go to a party with me tonight, but you didn't even hear me. So, who is she?"

I sighed. "Remember the partner I got assigned in science class?" We were both in that class together, and until today, we'd been sitting next to each other. Drew nodded. "Her."

His eyes widened. "Seraphina Williams? Jesus, bro, she's hot and all, but she seems like a lot of work."

I scowled. "You know her?"