Vergil

Kyojuro was worried for his mate, more so than Akaza was over him. They had stayed at the butterfly estate, letting Aoi and the butterfly girls watch over him. His injury wasn't nearly as bad as Muichiro's.

Kanae had come in, having also lost her sight, and gave him a run down on what to expect now that he lost part of his eyesight.

But then there was the offer for a glass eye.

He did think about it for a moment but decided against it.

"I've always wanted an eyepatch!"Akaza would look at him but said nothing.

Not in till his best buddy appeared.

"KYOJURO!" Uzui Tengen busts into the room, his wives also following him but before he could get a much-needed hug after not seeing him for so long, Akaza steps in front of him.

It was a staring match for a split second before Tengen waved at him with his single hand, his single eye also catching his.

"WE NEED TO GET MATCHING EYE PATCHES!" Akaza would twitch his eyebrow, his now blue eyes turning to Kyojuro who nods eagerly.

"Agreed!" Tengen comes forward and soon the two are chatting. Though Kyojuro does notice the moment Akaza leaves the room.

Former Uppermoon Three would go to the garden where Douma was hanging out with his pack.

Inosuke, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Kanao were all playing some game of chase. Shinobu was leaning on Giyuu .Douma was laying on the ground, his arms each holding an infant while his head rests in the lap of Kotoha.

All enjoying the light of the sun.

Akaza would take a seat by Kotoha, also watching the children run by and Douma would open his eye.

"Akaza-dono, how are you today? Have you come to see the twins?" A grin comes to his lips as he awaits a reaction.

Akaza looks at the twins and finds one squirming, soon nodding.

In just a moment, Akaza is holding young Toshiaki, the son of Kotoha and Douma. His little batch of hair was like his father's. A squirming pup that came into this world with demons and slayers.

Kotoha seems to see his storming thoughts.

"Akaza...are you okay?" Douma would open his eyes, watching his mate place her hand on Akaza's shoulder.

He knows that face, a face when Akaza wants to blow up and punch something. But instead, the alpha rests his head on the shoulder, seeking motherly comfort.

"I have a different....name." Rainbow eyes twinkle having now connected the dots as to what was going on with his best buddy.

He wasn't just adjusting to being human, he was also remembering who he was before.

Kokushibo and Douma had kept their memories because Muzan saw no need to wipe them.

"Oh? Now you have me curious." Douma sits up, his daughter Ayako being cradled in his arms as he comes to face Akaza.

Blue eyes are staring at the face of Toshiaki.

"My name...is-"

Later, Kyojuro would find Akaza as he sits on the porch, the evening having come and the stars bright.

His mate would look up, and find his hair looking odd in the pale moonlight. Kyojuro would take a seat, snuggling into his side and his hair briefly tinkling his mate's nose as he leans on his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Kyojuro as always, blunt. Akaza looks up, his usual self being different as a shooting star crosses over head.

"I remembered my past life." Akaza raises his hands, and the blood that once stained them comes back for a moment.

"Even before I was a demon...I -" Akaza stops and lets his head fall, pressing his cheek into Kyojuro's flame hair. It smelled nice and calmed him down.

"I was Hakuji...and I failed to protect those I loved." His fingers curl, his claws would have flexed out if they were there. "I am Akaza... I served under Muzan-"

Kyojuro would lift his head and grab his hand, giving it a squeeze before letting go. He turns and soon Kyojuro has him facing him.

"I don't care who you are. Akaza or Hakuji." Kyojuro presses his forehead against Akaza's. A wide smile and eye closed. "You are my mate and nothing is going to change that."

For the first time in over three centuries, Akaza felt tears spill from his eyes.

He gladly lets Kyojuro hold him for the rest of the night.

Though he would request one thing.

"If we have a daughter, can we name her Koyuki?" Kyojuro would nod, scenting his mate so he knew he was fully accepted.

In a chamber, Douma and pack would all be sleeping. Douma on his back, the twins sleeping on his chest, Kotoha curled on his right, and on his left Shinobu ,who hugged the arm of Giyuu to her.

All was good with the pack.

Tanjiro would wake again and find a soft hand holding his.

It was dark out and the only light was the dying candle but still, he made out the form of Kanao.

His nose twitched as he scents something familiar on her.

At first, he thought it was just her lovely scent but finds it to be-

His eyes widen as he remembers what had happened. How he had fangs and claws. He was under the control of Muzan, attacking allies.

Tears came to his eyes.

He had taken Rengoku's eye.

His hand tightens, Kanao shifting only to wake up as he chokes on his own sobs.

He had forcefully claimed Kanao.

He would be hugged by the omega. Kanao scented him, telling him everything was alright.

Tanjiro wouldn't feel a smile form on his face till Nezuko walked into the room, free of her demonic nature.

Muichiro would find Kokushibo gone for the morning the next day.

But he knew where his mate had gone.

Kagaya would smile, feeling better than ever at hearing about the death of Muzan, the curse having been lifted. Demons still roam but now they wouldn't have to deal with more.

But he smiles as his daughter describes what's happening before him.

A man in purple kimono kneels, head down and not having looked up once since Kagaya arrived.

Pledging his services till his bones are weary.

"Michikatsu Tsugikuni will answer the call to slay any demon."

He needs this, to serve and redeem himself.

Both in his eyes and in the eyes of his mate.