| 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊: 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒖𝒑𝒔𝒆𝒕

𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊: 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒖𝒑𝒔𝒆𝒕

⇜

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑨𝑳𝑫𝑶𝑹𝑭 𝑷𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑺𝑬 was like a home to Nicola Bass, she'd spent many days here, whether it was sleepovers, crying to Blair over something petty, gossiping about nonsense, having a freshly-new manicure, or just enjoying time with her best friend. But now she was scared this place was going to become a distant memory if Blair didn't like the news Nicola had for her, (of course the Bass knew Blair wouldn't like the news, she was just worried that Blair would hate Nicola for not saying something sooner. That was her fear).

When the girl entered the penthouse, she found Eleanor Waldorf sat in the living room on the phone to someone. She smiled at the woman and then went up the stairs in hopes to find Blair. Just as she was about to go into said girl's bedroom, Jenny Humphrey came rushing out, a terrified look on her face. She didn't even notice Nicola who stood by idly, wondering what the Hell had happened.

Instead of dwelling on it, Nicola walked into the bedroom to find the brunette crying into her palms.

"Blair?" She questioned, rushing to her side to comfort the girl. "What's wrong?"

      "Nate, is what's wrong. He kissed Jenny Humphrey, of all people. How am I suppose to trust him if he keeps doing these things to me? He makes me look like a fool." She sobbed into Nicola's shoulder, allowing all her pent—up emotions to finally come out.

      "You're not a fool, B. He is." She sighed, rubbing her back. "That's actually why I came here. At the masquerade, I saw him kissing her. He begged me not to say anything and I wasn't going to, but then I realised you deserve to know the truth."

      "Wait, you knew?" Blair asked as she pulled a way, horrified at what she'd just discovered. "You knew, and you didn't tell me?"

      "I'm telling you now, B, I'm so—"

      "Don't! Only my friends call me, B. And you are no friend of mine. I want you to leave." Blair told her, wiping away her tears and masking her upset expression with a furious one.

      "Blair, please. Just hear me out." Nicola begged.

      "I said get out!" The Waldorf screamed, throwing a shoe at the girl she once called her friend. "You're lucky I love you, Nicola, or else I'd ruin you."

      "I know," the girl muttered, turning on her heels and leaving, holding back the tears that tried to escape. She'd done what she had to do, it was just a shame she had to lose her best friend in the process.

Instead of getting a cab or having Arthur drive Nicola to Victrola, she decided to walk it to help clear her mind. She ended up regretting that. Due to her wearing heels, it made the walk even more painful, but she kept going, she wasn't ready to talk just yet, she still needed some moments of peace.

      Nicola kept thinking of all the things she could do to prove to Blair that she didn't enjoy hiding this from her (because she certainly didn't). She thought that perhaps she could destroy Jenny Humphrey to show Blair that she was sorry, but then she realised she didn't actually have anything against the blonde, fourteen-year old. She couldn't think of a single thing that would make up for what she did, I mean, how could she hide such a thing from her best friend.

As she entered the Burlesque club, her ears rung at the loud music that pounded against the walls. She found her twin sat in-between her father and the same woman that Bart had taken out somewhere. Nicola didn't even want to think about what he did with that woman.

"Hey," she hummed, taking a seat besides her father and leaning back against the couch.

The woman stood up just as Bart went to speak, "you know, I've been trying to get ahold of Lily, but I don't seem to be able to."

"Dad." Chuck cleared his throat, realising he'd made a huge mistake. "There's something I have to tell you."

Once Chuck and Nicola had explained to their father that they assumed he was sleeping with that woman and told Lily, Bart quickly left to go fix things with Lily.

"So. . .Daddy, didn't cheat on Lily?" She questioned, pulling out her cellphone to see multiple missed calls from Nate.

"No, the woman works for him. And was actually the one who got him to invest in this place." Chuck sighed, standing up to go after Bart. "I need to fix this. You coming?"

"I think I'm going to go home. Today has been too stressful, I don't exactly want an earful from, Daddy, right now." She replied, standing up to hug him goodbye. "See you later, oh! And try not to get too angry with him, just stay calm. That's the best thing to do when it comes to him."

"Will do." Chuck smiled, kissing her cheek before walking her out of the club.

All the way home Nicola couldn't stop thinking about Blair, she knew the brunette was probably struggling right now, but she didn't know what to do. How could she fix things?

༻♕༺

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Sorry this is only a short chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote<3

(Not proof-read)