IX

NINE

NINE.

"Vivi!" Gwen shouted out as the door swung open, her sneakers squeaking echoing through the house as she ran around the corner. She caught Vivienne in the foyer, struggling to push the door closed against the harsh winds blowing it back against her. When the door latched, she spun around, and although Gwen couldn't see her smile from behind the visor it was obvious in her body language. Vivienne pulled her helmet off, and Gwen gasped loudly. "Oh my god! You look amazing!"

Vivienne smiled; a genuine grin that was almost unheard of for her, turning her head to hide her face as Gwen continued to gush over her new haircut. "It fits you so well! And the bangs are stunning! And you're so beautiful! And you're-"

"Gwen." Vivienne cut her off as she hung up her suit and kicked off her boots. "If you're going to propose just do it now."

"I'll buy the ring today!" Gwen joked back. Her commotion had drawn Ciarán from the living room, his head peaking around the corner.

"Woah. Looking good, kid." He commented, and Vivienne gave him a simple a simple nod as a thanks. "Just wanted to try something new, eh?"

"I had a coupon to a shop and I gave the girl full control. I think she did good." Vivienne shrugged with a smile, shaking out her helmet hair as she walked past him. Ciarán and Gwen followed, splitting back to their stations. Andrew almost didn't notice the new presence as he still had his earbuds in. He caught a glimpse of flannel pass by him, causing him to whip around to look at the drumset while pulling the cords from his ears.

Vivienne settled into her seat, grabbing her sticks and adjusting her stool into the perfect spot; all the while unaware of Andrew's eyes. His gaze scanned every bit of her face, taking in her new appearance that had his heart burning. Her straight hair had been cut into thick layers, with soft bangs hugging the sides of her face and a few wispy pieces of hair for bangs. It tucked right behind her ears and fell just below her shoulders, framing her jaw like a heavenly painting.

Andrew had to force himself to take a breath before Vivienne glanced up, finally catching his eyes. She said a few words that went completely unknown to Andrew due to his enchanted state.

"Sorry- what?" He asked, and Vivienne shook her head with a smile. She pointed her ears.

"What were you listening to?"

"Oh-" Andrew pulled his phone from his pocket, pausing the song. "Just some Destiny's Child."

"Really? I didn't think you'd like them." Vivienne tilted her head, mindlessly spinning her sticks.

"Is this another spice sensitive issue of mine?" Andrew bantered back, gaining a sweet giggle from Vivienne.

"Have you ever heard of TLC?" She tapped each of her toms and cymbals to test them as she talked, her eyes away from Andrew's but his waiting desperately for their return.