Prologue

The bustling streets of Jungjin hummed with life, bathed in the golden glow of the setting sun. Unbeknownst to Somun and his friends, a mysterious presence had been tailing them since they left the quaint little cafe tucked away in a corner of the city. It had been a while since the trio had hung out together. College had kept Ungmin and Juyeon busy, while Somun juggled the demands of his job. Yet, today was a rare respite from their hectic lives.

As they strolled along the crowded sidewalk, laughter flowed freely in their wake. Somun, with his irrepressible sense of humor, couldn't resist teasing his friends about their evolving relationship, despite their insistence that they were now just friends. His infectious laughter echoed through the street, punctuated by the playful banter between the trio.

Amidst the joy and camaraderie, a figure lurked in the shadows, their presence unnoticed by the carefree friends. It was a man, shrouded in mystery, who had been trailing them discreetly. His gaze was fixed, unwavering, on Somun, as if the young man held the answers to secrets yet to be unraveled.

From a distance, the enigmatic observer watched with keen interest as the three friends sauntered down the sidewalk. There was an air of playfulness and happiness about them that was impossible to miss. Ungmin and Juyeon had Somun locked in a friendly headlock, their laughter carrying on the breeze. The trio's bond was evident in the way they moved together, like an inseparable unit, a tight-knit circle of friends who had weathered life's storms together.

But to the mysterious man, it was Somun who stood out. There was something about him, something hidden beneath the surface, that piqued the observer's curiosity. As the friends continued down the bustling street, their laughter ringing out like a symphony of joy, the watcher remained in the shadows, their presence concealed..

"Should we act now?" The man cast a cautious glance over his shoulder as a voice broke the silence that had enveloped around him. The question hung in the air, heavy with uncertainty.

"He's separated from his team," the newcomer chimed in, his voice laced with determination. "I'm confident we can handle the kid, even if the rumors about his strength hold true." But all he got was a slight shake of the man's head.

The newcomer regarded the mysterious man with a mix of surprise and frustration. He had been following their target for days, convinced that this was the perfect opportunity to make their move. The rumors of the kid's strength had piqued his interest, and he was eager to test their mettle.

"But why, Hyun?" he asked, using the man's name in a tone that hinted at annoyance. "We've been tracking him for days, waiting for the right moment. He's alone now, vulnerable. We can overpower him easily."

Hyun's silence was as enigmatic as his presence had been throughout their surveillance. He continued to watch Somun and his friends, his gaze never wavering. The trio's laughter and playful antics tugged at something deep within him, a fleeting sense of nostalgia that remained buried beneath his stoic exterior. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of contemplation, Hyun turned away from the scene. His decision was made, and he spoke with a calm resolve that brooked no argument.

"No. Leave him be," he repeated, his voice unwavering. "He's going to need this moment, this memory."

With that, Hyun walked away from the newcomer, his steps purposeful and measured. He knew something that the eager observer did not—the value of cherished moments with friends, the fleeting happiness of carefree days. Perhaps he saw a glimmer of his own past in Somun and his companions, a time when life was simpler, and the world was not shrouded in shadows.

The newcomer stood there for a moment, torn between his desire for action and Hyun's cryptic decision.  He waited until Hyun was nothing more than a distant figure before he turned his attention to Somun, who remained oblivious to the shadows that now encircled him.  Unbeknownst to him, a finger-shaped gun had taken aim in his direction. The newcomer's mischievous grin widened, and he playfully mimicked the sound of a gunshot with a whispered "bang." His chuckle was barely audible over the ambient noise of the city.

"I can't wait. This is going to be so fun," he murmured to himself, eyes gleaming with anticipation. His fixation on Somun was unwavering, and he relished the prospect of what lay ahead.
With that, the newcomer set off in the same direction that Hyun had taken moments earlier, disappearing into the ever-moving tide of pedestrians. The city swallowed him whole, a faceless figure in the crowd, his presence concealed among countless others