The Unknown

The Room Chapter 1
The Unknown

I woke up in a strange place, the ground was hard and cold. I couldn't see much as the place was dark. I got up on my feet with a bit of difficulty, I didn't know why but I felt weak. I started walking around with my hands in front of me to protect myself from running into some object and hurting myself. Suddenly I heard a weird buzzing noise, I looked in the direction it came from and saw a small red light. I carefully made my way to it. When I arrived I could kinda see the shape of the object that was producing this small red light. It was an electrical panel. I opened it and flipped on a switch, a light bulb lit up far away from me. I continued to flip the switch and more light bulbs lit up. I still couldn't see where I was or in what I was but at least I could see my environment. The *Room* I was in seemed infinite, there was no roof nor wall, there was only a floor. Some sort of string were maintaining the light bulb in the air. Those string seems to be going up infinitely. Then the reality of the situation hit me, I had woken up in an infinite room with no roof or wall. I looked far away and I saw an landscape that has a forest, a field and hills. Upon flipping more and more switches I began to discover more of my surroundings. I was terrified, terrified of the unknown. I began asking myself multiple questions. Will I ever get out of this place? Am I alone? What is this place? The question seemed to never stop flowing. I began calming myself down, I reassembled my thoughts and I was thinking straight again. Then I heard something inhuman. A loud screech gave me shivers down my spine. I frantically flipped the switch to see what or who made that sound. As the light opened I saw a strange silhouette move in the distance. It was standing on all fours, it seemed tall and skinny, the thing had horns, claws and a short tail. I flipped another switch and the light bulb directly above it lit up. I manage to see more of it. At the end of each member the thing had sharp and pointy extremity's . But something weird happened, the creature instantly looked in my direction, I noticed his bright white eyes looking at me. Then he charged at me, each of his steps were loud and heavy. I froze in place, I was terrified. But then I heard a voice.

???: Close the lights! Close them!

I didn't know who just said that, I wasn't able to move due to fear. I heard the person start running towards me. I got pushed aside and the lights were closed, plunging the room in darkness. It seemed to stop the creature in his tracks as I didn't hear his loud steps anymore.

???: Don't open the light.

The person said, whispering.

???:Don't make any sound or else the beast will come back, you've attracted it with the light.

Oliver: Who are you? And how do you know about all of this?

???: My name is Ella and I'll explain all of this later but for now just follow me.

Oliver: Why should I trust you?

Ella: You have a point, I guess I'll leave you here and go back. Bye.

She said turning around and walking back to where she had arrived from earlier. I realized she might have a lot of knowledge about this place that could potentially help me survive here.

Oliver: Wait,I'll come with you.

Ella: That's what I thought. Come with me then.

I followed her through the dark, still having my doubts about her intention. We finally arrived at some kind of abandoned house. She opened the door and let me in.