Another Excuse

The days at school progressed like usual. Lily was pretty bumped out that she missed the New Year's Eve party, but the Marauders promised they would throw a party in the common room soon; making her roll her eyes as she muttered. "That's not what I meant."

Izzie was now on her way to the tower after her meeting with Flitwick when she saw the Marauders in front of her, their backs to them. But what shocked her was that Severus was pointing his wand at them.

"Severus Snape! Don't you dare point your wand at my best friend or his friends!" She yelled as she came to stand in front of Remus. Izzie didn't know what had happened previously, but when she saw that only Severus had his wand drawn, she marched right up.

"But they-" Severus started to protest.

"You're the one that's pointing a wand! And you will lower that wand right now before I'll have you married to Hildegard by this summer, and you know that my family is capable of that."

Severus paled in an instant. He begrudgingly shoved his wand back in his robes and turned on his heel, running down the steps. His dark robes flapping behind him before he disappeared from view.

Satisfied, she turned to face the marauders. Remus was smirking proudly, while the others all looked at her in awe. The next second Sirius had stepped forward, grabbed her cheeks and kissed her forehead, rather sloppy. Still careful when it came to her because for a second, she thought he was going to kiss her right then and there. Stunned for the tiniest fractions, she pushed him away.

"Get off, Black. What the fuck was that for?" She said wiping her forehead off.

"How could I not, after you made Snivellus shit himself without even using your wand.".

"Not everything is solved with violence, Sirius." She huffed with a smile. She stepped away from him and locked her arms with Remus and started walking away from them.

James leaned his head dramatically on Sirius shoulder. "I think I'm in love." He said dreamily.

"Yeah." Sirius said quietly, his eyes on her retreating back. "Me too."

Neither of them had noticed that Moony was looking at Sirius, frowning.

Izzie and Sirius were studying for Potions together in the common room. James had Quidditch practice and Lily and Remus were doing their rounds, Peter was already drooling on his Divination homework on the other side of the room. Izzie tried to focus on her homework, which was a bit hard when Sirius kept glancing at her every other minute. She finally looked up with a raised eyebrow.

"Can I help you?"

Sirus smirked at that, he always did when she asked him. "No, why?"

"You've been staring."

"I have not." He said adamant.

"Sirius, I'm trying to focus." She rubbed the space between her brows tiredly. "This is hard enough already."

"I'm sorry." He slowly reached over and took her hand in his, happy to note she didn't pull back. "But just so you know, you're doing amazing."

She looked down at their hands, and just for a moment she thought how it would feel is she intertwined their fingers together. She quickly shook her head internally and pulled her hand back.

"It's because of you."

"No." He shook his head, a blush on his cheekbones. "It's all you, love. You just needed a little direction." He smiled, making her heart thud fast. "But there was something I wanted to ask." He ignored her I-knew-it face. "Were you planning on going to Hogsmeade in two weeks?"