Chapter 13: Dream

(3rd Person's POV)

Raven passed out leaving Onyx in a bind. He was shocked by what he witnessed with Raven.

Never in his life has he seen something like this. He continously called out Raven's name hoping that she would hear it and stay conscious.

When he knew she wasn't going to respond he did the next best thing he could think of.

"ZETH!!" He yelled out at the top of his lungs.

Zeth upon hearing the immediate call for help got up to his feet and quickly went where Onyx was seated.

When he arrived he saw Onyx with an unconscious Raven in his arms.

Zeth now filled with concern and worry for his little sister impatiently asked Onyx what happened.

"What on earth happened?" He linked to Onyx.

Onyx was dazed. He didn't know what happened.

"I don't know. She heated up and then just fainted." Onyx replied tightly holding Raven.

Zeth put a hand on Raven's forehead. He was surprised with the temperature of her body but he also recalled something similar which happened in the past.

"Oh no, this is bad! It's happening again." Zeth linked with worry and concern evident in his thoughts.

Onyx was confused with what Zeth had said.

Happening again? This happened before? Onyx thought.

"What do you mean this happened before?" Onyx asked while Zeth called for the doctor on board with them.

"I'm sure she's told you her story right? About her having a pretty high fever and then she sees things and hallucinate?" Zeth asked and Onyx nodded "I think that's whats happening now." Zeth linked.

Upon hearing that, Onyx feared that his mate might go through what she had gone through before.

He was afraid that she would suffer.

He was afraid that he might not be able to help.

He was afraid of being useless to the one who mattered to him most.

"Are you sure this isn't just an ordinary fever?" Onyx asked hoping that it was and his mate wouldn't suffer anymore.

"I'm afraid not. She has never gotten sick with an exception of a few coughs and colds. I'm sorry. But I am happy that she has you by her side." Zeth linked with a sorrowful smile on his lips.

Not a second too soon after their conversation the doctor stepped in. He took Raven's temperature, her pulse and her blood to be sampled.

The two men stood aside just in case they were needed but other than that they just stood their feeling useless.

After the doctor had examined her he explained that Raven's temperature was above 40 degrees. Her breathing was unsteady and sooner or later she might have convulsions.

"In the condition she's in and the lack of tools that I have her condition might worsen. Let's hope that her condition gets better when we land. If not then I'm afraid we will need to take her to the ICU of the closest hospital. I'm sorry that I can't do anything else but check on her from time to time." The doctor said apollogetically to the two men.

They were both devastated by what the doctor had said. They were both stunned and were both sweating cold sweat.

Zeth snapped out first and barked orders in his mind. He linked the pilot to go full speed no questions asked. He linked the doctor to do what he can to maintain Raven's condition or to improve it.