Author's Note: Regarding Characterization

Although the members of One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer do appear in this book, it's important to note that their characters are fictional. In this universe, there is no One Direction or 5 Seconds of Summer as you know them. Instead, it's better to view the members as actors portraying fictionalized versions of themselves. There will be times when their personalities in the text may contradict their public personas, and this in no way reflects my attitudes toward any particular members. I have the utmost respect for both bands and wish to portray them as naturally as possible. However, for the sake of the story some distortion and exaggeration is necessary. 

That being said, I will never portray any of the members in ways that would be harmful to their true character. I do believe in artistic liberty, but at the same time, I think authors of celebrity fanfiction have an obligation to be as faithful to the truth as possible. This is not like other forms of fanfiction. There are real people and real identities tied to these characters, and it's important to respect them. That's just my opinion. I know other writers feel differently, and that's perfectly fine.