Chapter 8. The truth

Shauna held her mate and comforted him, she felt bad for him knowing how kind and sweet of a guy he was, broken like this while his pack was dying. Wait pack? "Trav? Why don't we go inside Hmm?" Shauna said softly, before getting up with him and heading back into the house.

She walked with him to the couch and sat him down, before going to grab his med kit from under the bathroom cabinet. She grabbed the kit and headed back to Travis, she frowned when she saw him in the same spot, still holding his hand close to his chest with tear stained cheeks.

Shauna sighed sadly, as she walked back over to him ignore the small box on the coffee table. "Babe? May I see your hand? Please?" She asked him quietly, while gently sitting her hand on his arm.

Travis nodded his head lightly, before letting her see his hand. He looked down at the box on the coffee table, not wanting to meet her eyes. He kept his eyes on the box, wincing quietly and clenching his fist as she took care of his hand. "I never did tell you what happened." Travis said quietly, watching as she stopped for a second before continuing to work on his hand. "You don't need to." He heard her tell him gently, but he wanted no he needed to tell her.

"Yes I do. You deserve to know the truth, about my pack and why I'm scared for your safety." Travis told her, gently pulling his hand away and wincing from the pain.

"Then tell me, but don't do that when I'm trying to help you." He sighed at her words, giving her his hand back to treat it. "Now you were saying?"

Travis sighed a bit more sadly this time. "It started, when Nick had first become a detective and when I first had met you."

Flashback.....

Travis was at the warehouse, meeting up with his pack and their families. He was failing, as a alpha and he couldn't help it, but felt like he was failing his pack. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, as he stood in front of everyone with Johnathan by his side. "I know that all of you are worried about your safety. Which is why Travis has something to tell you guys." Johnathan said, looking over at Travis to give him room to speak.

Travis stepped forward looking at his pack. "I know that I haven't been the best leader or alpha. Or the best protecter that this pack needs. Which is why, I've decided to leave the pack and let Johnathan be alpha. He's a strong leader and is a very wise old wolf. He knows how to protect and keep you guys safe from vampires. As much as I want to be the alpha...I can't be a alpha and a Grimm at the some time. Which is why Johnathan is going to be in charge from now on. I will still be a alpha, just not the one in control." Travis told the pack, nodding at Johnathan to step forward.

Johnathan stepped forward nodding his head. "Thank you Travis. For letting me be alpha again. You are a strong young alpha, you just need some more practice and patience. But I have a feeling you will make a strong yet fine alpha one day." He told Travis.

Travis smiled softly and nodded his head, as him and Johnathan shook hands before Travis left the pack.

End of flashback.

"You didn't fail Travis. A group of vampires is a lot to take on, especially if you were by yourself. You could've just told me, that you were busy with pack stuff or that you were fighting vampires.
I would've helped you, but I get that you were trying to protect me so you kept me out of the loop." Shauna told Travis, as she finished bandaging up his hand. "I'm not mad Trav. Just a little bit disappointed that you fought those demons alone." She looked up at her mate, gently sitting her hand on his tear stained cheek.

Travis nodded his head, before sitting his unhurt hand on hers and leaning forward to kiss her on the lips. "I will keep that in mind, the next time I see one of them. Thank you for not being mad, but I do promise to never keep anything from you again." He said, before carefully leaning forward and reaching beside her to grab the small box.