𝟎𝟗

after showering and getting dressed for the day, the couple walked downstairs together.

abby was sitting at the counter in the middle of the kitchen sipping on some iced coffee she had made.

she heard jack and taylor come down the stairs and rolled her eyes.

"hey--." taylor began.

"i'm going to diego's. might not be back." abby interrupted.

"right now? it's ten in the morning." taylor reminded.

"it's never too early to see your sneaky link."

she then dumped her iced coffee and left the glass in the sink.

"bye."

she grabbed her bag from the living room then left the house.

taylor shook her head and went over to the sink to wash the glass.

"what now?"

jack walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. he began kissing the back of her neck.

she shrugged him off of her and turned the water off.

jack furrowed his eyebrows. "uh, okay. what's for breakfast?"

taylor didn't answer. she picked up a rag and began drying the glass.

"how about omelettes? you love omelettes. i love omelettes. everyone loves omelettes." jack suggested.

taylor still didn't answer.

"oh come on, taylor. give me something, babe."

she turned around.

"i'm not hungry, okay?"

"are you sure?"

"yes! now could you please stop talking to me." she replied.

"what? where did this come from?" jack furrowed his eyebrows.

"it came from the fact that i could possibly be losing my best friend over a relationship!" she exclaimed.

"what?" jack furrowed her eyebrows.

"don't you see the way she's acting, jack? she's mad at me because i'm with you." taylor replied.

"well then that's not a real friend. if someone doesn't want to be friends with you because you love someone. they're not a real friend if you have to choose between them and something else you want. if abby was truly your best friend, she would allow you to be with whoever you choose. she can't dictate who you love."

taylor was quiet after that. she turned back around to face the sink and he went over to her and hugged her from behind.

"you know you can always talk to her, right? be honest. have a healthy conversation. give her space first then talk to her. tell her how you feel then have her tell you how you feel. you guys talked too soon and i think you guys need space first."

"maybe you're right."

"i am right."

taylor let out a laugh and turned around. jack's arms were still wrapped around her.

"thank you."

"of course, beautiful girl. now, omelettes?" he raised his eyebrows.

she giggled. "yes. let's have omelettes."

🧣

after breakfast, jack had gone home to get ready for practice. taylor had decided to clean up the house considering she had nothing better to do.