𝟎𝟕

taylor arrived at the stadium about a half hour later. the game was now over.

she let quinn know she was there and he went to meet her.

"luke is bringing jack out now." he said as soon as he saw the ginger girl.

taylor shook her head. "quinn, i hate this."

"i know. i know you do. but if the both of you want to move on—."

"what if jack doesn't want to move on?" she interrupted. "what if i don't want to move on?"

quinn walked over and grabbed her hands.

"it's okay, tay. not to move on right away. to be stuck. but i promise you, you'll move on and find someone who did what jack couldn't. i love my brother, but—."

taylor interrupted quinn by kissing him, but he immediately pulled away.

"taylor. what...what're you doing?" quinn asked, shaking his head.

"yeah, taylor. what are you doing?" a voice asked.

they turned to see that it was luke with jack behind him.

they saw what taylor had done. jack had a look of betrayal on his face.

"i-it was an accident. i don't know what i'm doing. jack...jack i'm here for you." taylor said.

"yeah, well, you better go home then because i don't have anything to say to you." jack replied.

"jack. we need to talk." taylor continued.

jack shook his head. "there's nothing to talk about. just go with quinn. he'll treat you better than i will."

"jack, it isn't like that." she shook her head. "and don't blame your brother, it was my fault. i came onto him."

"that's exactly my point. just go be with him. i'm done." jack responded and began walking away.

quinn then stepped in front of him.

"you should hear her out, little brother." quinn whispered.

"and why would i listen to you? you're the one who's always picking up her calls and answering her texts. for all i know, you could've heard us coming and stopped her just so you could save your own ass." jack argued.

"i would never do that, jack. you know that." quinn said, looking hurt.

how could his brother ever think he'd do that to him?

"do i?"

quinn shook his head, then turned to taylor. "this is what i get for defending you."

"i'm sorry." taylor whispered.

"no, taylor, don't apologize. just...don't call me ever again, okay?" he raised his eyebrows.

he then looked to jack before walking out of sight.

taylor exhaled shakily and squeezed her eyes shut, trying not to cry.

"i'm gonna go check on quinn." luke muttered.

he grabbed their equipment and followed quinn.

jack went to walk by taylor, leaving her on her own, but she grabbed him.

"please wait." she begged.

he sighed and stepped back.

she looked up at him and when she got a good look, he was wearing the beanie.

"um...i saw the fight." she spoke up.

"you were watching the game?" he asked.

"i never stopped." she replied. "and i still won't stop even if you guys go into the playoffs."