The Barbecue

*The next morning, Peg was applying Avon makeup on Edward. While in the backyard, Bill was cutting the bushes with a garden shear. As Kevin and his friend Max were playing with Perdita, throwing the ball at the dalmatian, barking freely and catching*

Kevin: Yeah girl, catch! *He threw the ball again and she catches it*

*She wags her tail. After a while of playing. They decided to take a break. The boys go up to the treehouse listening to a football game on the radio. Perdita lying on the soft grass, relaxing. Soon Edward came out and saw Bill still cutting the bush. Soon he decided to cut the second bush with his hands. The boys cheered hearing the team score a touchdown*

Max: Did you hear that Mr. Boggs? 

Bill: No, make it louder. *Kevin turns up the volume. Perdita was amazed at Edward's work. Soon Kevin noticed*

Kevin: Dad, look! *He points. Bill turns to see the bush now sculpture into a dinosaur*

Bill: I'll be darned. 

*Edward smiled proudly of his work

*Edward smiled proudly of his work. Inside the house, Peg was listening to the voice messages. From all the housewives*

Peg: They filled the whole tape. *She was surprised*

*Recorded Voices*

Tinka: "What's going on over there, Peg. Call me."

Marge: "Hi, it's Marge. Who is he? Call me. Oh, by the way here it's pouring rain in the mountains. You think the kids are okay?" 

Joyce: "Hey there, darling. The gals are all in a tizzy about your secret visitor. You can't keep him a secret forever." *Peg chuckled at that last one*

*Back outside, Edward cuts the last bush. Sculpturing it into the whole Boggs family and dalmatian. While Bill was watching bowling on T.V*

Bill: Boy, it's just wonderful, Ed. My god, you have the whole family in there, don't you? *Edward smiled then noticed he had small grass in his Scissorhands*

Kevin: Edward, come here. *He cleans Edward's Scissorhands with the water hose*

Bill: No, no, no. That's a terrible idea, son. Go to the garage and get the oil can. We don't want him rusting up on this now, do we?  *Kevin runs to the garage. Then Peg comes out and saw the bush, she gasped*

Peg: Edward, you did us? Oh, Bill it's us. *She squealed. Edward smiled again. Perdita wags her tail with a smile*

Bill: Yes, it is. *He nodded*

Peg: Oh, Edward. *Soon Esmeralda appeared*

Esmeralda: It's not heaven he's from. It's straight from the stinking flames of hell. The power of Satan is in him.  I can feel it. God, you have the poor sheep strayed so far from the path. 

Edward: We're not sheep. *He said coming up to her* 

Esmeralda: Don't come near me. * She backs away and leaves. Edward comes back to stand next to Bill*