7

"Nandu beta she is a very close friend of mine and Cabir ko time lag jaega I don't want you to stay alone, till Cabir comes stay with her na" Nandini's mother, Saraswati Murthy, requested her daughter.

"Amma, I don't want to bother anyone and I'm fine sachme"

"But kanna I'm saying for your good only and she herself insisted beta"

"No problem amma, I'll think about it" After a little bit of chatting Nandini cut the call and sat on her bed massaging her temples.

Her mother was insisting her on staying on her mother's friend's house.

Even though she was scared because of obviously Manik but she didn't want to bother someone else or may be there was another reason.

Her mother once told her that her mother's friend wanted to get Nandini and her son hitched which made no sense to her.

She considered Manik better than that Mr. Stranger hence she didn't want to go.

Her riverie of thoughts broke by her phone's ringtone.

"Haa Navya say"

"Hello Nandu How are you?"

"I'm toh mast you tell"

"Always mast. Nandu suno, As we know Cabir is out of station for a while and you are living alone why don't you come and live with us"

Nandini frowned, why was everyone trying to act like her knight and calling her over for a stay.

"Navya I would love to but-

" Nandu it's bhai's idea he suggested you should stay with us"

Nandini's eyes widened, she knew if it was suggested by Manik then he was capable of manipulating a situation in his favour. No way in hell was she going to live under the same roof as him.

"Nandu?"

"Navya, I would have loved to accept your offer but actually one of amma's friend who lives in Mumbai had already suggested that I should stay with them and I said yes to them"

Lies. Lies. Lies.

Although the first part was true but she never agreed to staying with them.

Anyways she could ask her mother if the offer was still available. Anyways it's not like that Mr. Stranger would behave all obsessive over her they both don't even know eachother the marriage and all was nothing but their mother's wish.

On the other hand Manik, well, she doesn't want to think.

"Oh koi baat nai Nandu anyways I'll tell bhai that we were a little late, what's up anyways"

The talk continued for a while after that Nandini called her mother telling her that she is ready to stay with her mother's friend.

Her mother was delighted and asked her to pack.

After a while she recieved a call that their driver would pick her up in the evening.

It was around 6 in the evening that the driver came to pick her up. She indulged herself in her phone through out the ride.

She kept her phone aside when she heard the driver say they have reached.

She came out and gaped at the surrounding, it was not a house, it was a FUCKING MANSION THAT LOOKED LIKE A PALACE.

The people living here must be rich.

Damn they must have a chef that indicated good food till her stay.

She would not mind if her brother delays a little bit to return.

She walked inside and a few helping hands carried her luggage, she smiled at them and offered to help but they denied saying she was a guest.

"Nandini" A middle aged lady welcomed her.

"Namaste aunty" she thought her as her mother's friend but she was proved wrong.

"Namaste beta, Bhabhi told me that her best friend's daughter will be arriving today, very sorry she is not here, she had to leave with bhaisaab for a party" Nandini smiled at the sweet lady and said it was not an issue.

The lady's phone ringed and she looked at Nandini apologetically, "Sorry beta have to attend it, your things has been put in the guest room,  third room to the right upstairs.

She nodded and started walking towards the said room she noticed there were two rooms parallel to eachother, she did not know which one was assigned to her, without thinking much she entered one.

The room was painted in shades of grey and brown and looked classy.

She noticed many trophies kept on the shelf and concluded that she had entered the wrong room

She was about to move away when she heard the sound of a door knob opening and the person walking in shocked her.

A half naked Manik Malhotra, wearing only trousers drying his upper body with a towel walked out of the bathroom, his hair was wet and water droplets were falling from his hair.

He gazed forward and shock was clear on his features as he stared at Nandini but soon his shock was replaced by a smirk.

Updated!!!!!

Hello everyone

Please ignore the mistakes.

Few followers are left to complete 100 followers, please make it 100.

Love you all!❤️